“lived up to the fairfield standard and more”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Effingham, New Hampshire
“lived up to the fairfield standard and more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed here for two days in March. Ive stayed in many fairfield hotels all over the north east and I found this to be one of the better ones. It was clean modern and the staff was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Bob S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We love to hear that we've met expectations!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
North Cornwall Township
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We checked the review and selected this hotel based on Trip Advisor's positive comments. If we would have wanted a two star hotel, we would not have paid for this one listed at 3. If this was an $89 per night room, we would not have minded, but we paid $159 per night for our 3 night stay.

The people were VERY nice and tried . However, when we checked in, our original room had a broken window and big hair clumps in the shower. The kind staff moved us... Our new room had a damaged shower curtain and toilet paper dispenser. The breakfast was never really stocked well (cold gravy, missing biscuits, watery eggs, etc...- 3 days in a row). AND, on our first morning, we didn't get out until close to 10 am and they didn't change the sheets or clean the room (they left a note saying that we were in the room and they could not come in to clean it)- we were out of the room before 10am. Disappointing stay:(

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hi, I'm sorry you felt our Hotel was overpriced. Thank you for the comment about our friendly staff. I apologize for any deficiencies that you discovered during your stay. We were happy to give you the upgrade to the King suite because of the problems you found with the first room. Thank you for letting us know about your stay and we will use your comments to help us to improve going forward. Please, in the future, let us know anything we can do to make you more comfortable while you're in the hotel. We are happy to address any concerns any of our customers have immediately.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is a great hotel -- it is a remodeled Fairfield Inn & Suites, so it has a modern, clean vibe to it. I am a platinum Marriott member, so I stay at Springhill Suites and Fairfield Inns A LOT...and this is a good one (and ick, there are some bad ones)....Let's see - the gym is really nice at this hotel: 2 nice treadmills with working tvs on them, an elliptical with a tv, a weight bench, and free weights. It is clean and bright. Loved it. Also, there are a lot of t.v. channels - not just 14 ESPNs and Fox news, but Bravo and HGTV and all the other woman business traveler channels! lol! The beds and pillows are comfy, the hair dryer is powerful...and the staff is friendly. What else do you need? Loved it, no worries.

Room Tip: I was by the elevator and didn't hear a thing - no worries.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank KBoogie
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

The room was clean but never got really warm and there was not enough bedclothes was was cold most of the night. It was very cold outside but the room never really felt warm. No hair dryer and had to plug my laptop into the bathroom plug --no other plug available. Nice desk person both evening and morning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Bob S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Hi, I'm not sure why your room was cold but we often have guests that have difficulty with the thermostat on the wall. We keep our hair dryers in the closet in the guest room. We have a plug on the lamp on the desk top in all of our rooms. Thank you for the comment on our desk staff. Please call down to our reception desk for any problems that you incur at any of our properties. We are happy to do our best to resolve any issues immediately in order for you to be comfortable.
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Was driving home from Charlotte area and decided I had to stop. Checked in here to see how much it would cost. The receptionist gave me a great price and upgraded me to a nice room. Clean and comfortable and affordable. Close to 81 as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I liked the hotel. It was clean and comfortable except I am pretty sure we were overcharged. When we arrived the woman behind the desk could see we were very tired and not willing to go down the street for a lower priced room. We used a AAA discount and still paid almost $150 for one night.

One thing I would suggest, if you get a room on the second floor, make sure it is not where the front lights are shinning up into your room, they are very bright. I like darkness when I sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front may have a bright light shinning in at night. Choose a different area of the hote...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

After reading some of the prior negative reviews, I was concerned about staying at this hotel, but being a Marriott platinum level, I thought I would take a chance and form my own opinion. I was upgraded to a suite which was a wonderful room. The staff was really friendly and helped with all of my needs. This property could upgrade their rating to excelllent if they would keep their coffee service warm and fresh all day and if they added a few things like cooked oatmeal to their breakfast menu. I was really pleasantly surprised and enjoyed my three day stay for business. By the way, the Valley View Mall (only about 4 miles away) has everything that anyone could want including a Panera, Starbucks, Barnes&Noble and most of the big department stores.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business