Conveniently located to I-81 (very close to the exit), this hotel offers a decent room with a very comfortable bed. We arrived after a very long drive and were pretty exhausted and overtired. It was a chilly night. The bedcovers were quite thin and the heater was not working properly. I woke up freezing and could not get the heat to blow warm air. I called the front desk, the gentleman offered to come up and take a look at the heater. I declined the offer employing my general rule about letting strangers come into the room) but asked for some blankets. These promptly arrived and were really helpful.
I lay awake for awhile and could hear the buzz of trucks driving down the interstate. I wondered whether a room on the backside of the hotel would have been quieter. However, I finally fell into a sound sleep and awoke feeling refreshed. I welcomed the lovely mountain view when opening the curtains.
Before we continued on our roadtrip heading south, we drove a few miles on the ring road (581(?)) in Roanoke to get some Starbucks coffee (the coffee at the Fairfield is pretty weak) and pick up some snacks, which we did at a Walmart. Walmart also had very cheap gas!
Would I stay at this Fairfield Inn again? Probably not. If you are on the road and are not too fatigued, it is worth the effort to find a quieter place which has a newer HVAC system. Rates are probably lower for an equivalent hotel further from the Interstate exit too. I have to repeat though that the Fairfield desk clerk was very nice and I appreciated his bringing the blankets up promptly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North hotel, where we provide you with exactly the hotel experience you're looking for - a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. You can enjoy our Roanoke, VA hotel's gym-quality fitness center and then jump-start your day with a complimentary, hot breakfast. During breakfast you'll find that we have a wide variety of choices like eggs, sausage, oatmeal, fresh fruit and yogurt. All rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. We have top of the line Internet accessibility with both wired and wireless throughout the hotel. Forget your laptop? No problem! We offer a fully functional business center including 2 PCs that will make your work away from the office a breeze. We are located only .2 miles off of Interstate 81 with Exelis, Wells Fargo, Hollins University, Pepsi Co., Advance Auto, Carpetland, Kroger and Double Envelope all located within 5 miles. Roanoke College and Virginia Tech are just minutes away. Come see the beautiful mountain views! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North Hotel Roanoke
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Roanoke North
- Fairfield Inn Roanoke
- Fairfield Roanoke
- Roanoke Fairfield Inn