“Clean and great value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Shanghai, China
“Clean and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Used my Hilton savings card to upgrade to a double queen room with pull out sofa bed. For a family of four, this was a very comfortable space. Best of all, the hotel was newly renovated with new carpets, furniture and bedding. The pool was set in the back of the property overlooking some green space. It too was well maintained. Breakfast was better than many other "free breakfast" hotels' with plenty of hot and cold options. Only negative was that we could hear some guests chatting in the front enterance area while we were in the room (#215). I suggest asking for a room in the back of the property. Otherwise, I highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank havekidslovetravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Matthews, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Right off the interstate and beautifully decorated throughout, this is a great Fairfield Inn & Suites. We had a wonderful 4th floor king bed room. This review would get 5 Stars but for the disappointing breakfast. Overheard one family complain about cold coffee. Few selections of anything other than bread products.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

On my way to visit family in Maryland from Nashville, I decided this time to spend a night at a midway point to make the drive less taxing. I found this property in my search (and what sounded like a nice place to eat nearby also) so I booked my room here. The hotel was a snap to find as it is almost literally right of the exit and yet does not sit so close to the highway as to be noisy at night. The room I had was a king bed and when I first went to the room I thought I had been upgraded to a small suite. The set up of the room was great and made it seem that way. Instead of just one big long room with the bed and a small sofa etc on the side wall, the room is divided up into a seating area with the sofa and a built in wall unit and then the bedroom part is separated from it somewhat so that it seems more like a suite and if one of you wants to watch the television and the other wants to sleep it is possible with this set up. The room looked to be just renovated and was clean, fresh and new.
The staff were also very friendly and helpful when I had a question. They also proudly showed the remodelling that was being done and the new amenities being added. A lot of which were geared to the business people and ease of internet hookup etc. The dining area where they served the breakfast that comes with the stay was large and open and pleasant. The food area was kept stocked and clean and the breakfast was a bit above average for an included with your room breakfast.
I enjoyed my stay here and will most likely stay there again next time I drive to Md. to see family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dexter590
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

When I entered the lobby the place was so dark that I thought there was no one there. It was a bit scary at first. There was no one at the front desk to greet you and all the lights over the desk were out. I was just about ready to leave when someone came in from the back. The lobby also had a funny smell to it. I am not sure what it was but it wasn't pleasant. The room was an executive king as I have stayed with them before, but I didn't feel like it was as clean as some others that I have stayed at. To say the least I was a tad disappointed. I am a Marriott member and I can tell you I don't think it was up to their standards. I won't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sasparilla97
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here recently on business and found the lobby and room to be clean and spacious. The place has been recently renovated so it had the new carpet small in areas, but I'd rather have new carpet smells than the alternatives found in other hotels that show their age. Front desk was friendly, breakfast was standard fare of pastries and cereals, with the only items that can be served hot being oatmeal packets and some sausage/biscuit combinations you zap in the microwave. Ate at a nearby restaurant that the front desk recommended called Hollywoods Restaurant and Bakery on Williamson Road less than 2 miles away - definitely worth a try!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Easton, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Used my AAA card when booking a day prior to save a few bucks. Had room 203 with 2 queen beds. When entering the hotel at 10pm, the lobby looked clean and in order, checked in quickly, the hallways looked clean and orderly. When getting off the 2nd floor elevator, I did catch a whiff of disinfectant, but it wasn't as bad as other placed I have stayed in the are. I also found the room clean and comfortable with a whiff of disinfectant. (those shades do close once you figure out how) I slept well and was on my way the next day after the included simple breakfast. I would give 4.5 stars, but rounding up.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Searsport, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We always request a room with a king-size bed. This hotel only has 5 rooms with that size bed. We were put in a room right near an outside door & down the hall from the lobby. They definitely saved money on insulation....we heard the outside door close every time & heard several conversations at the front desk...with our door closed! In addition, the doors to each room slam shut due to the fact that the mechanisms are set that way, I guess. When I mentioned this, I was told I was wrong. I invited the clerk to see for herself, but why should she bother? The room was handicap-accessible...............the bathroom had no hooks & no vanity to put toiletries on...all in all, poor service & a horrible nights' sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple