“G in the breakfast room had everyone walking out with a smile!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Very nice hotel with friendly staff, but G on the breakfast room introduced herself to everyone and then to each other it made day.

• Stayed: November 2011
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North

Reviewed October 25, 2011

I happened upon the town of Roanoke on a conference trip. I stayed at the Fairfield because it was close to the conference location, and offered a greta price on accomodation. Because all the conference booked rooms were taken, they offered me an upgrade for the same price! Perfect!
I was really grateful for the kindness of the staff. They were accomodating ( they let me use the kitchen to make a much needed cup of tea when the urn was broke -this is very important to Australians!), and always willing to help. Unfortunately, when we left we were overcharged and found it difficult to reach staff that could help - I understand they only have casual staff on the weekend - and it wasn't until we were in Australia we resolved the situation. However, watching your bank statements is general travel advice, and not an exclusive flaw of this Hotel.

My issue with the hotel is not its staff, nor cleaniness, but with the location. It's far from town, and there is no public transport. For business purposes though, the hotel does have a van they use to provide (free!) transport, and they were very generous to guests. Catching a cab into "downtown" Roanoke to eat though, was about $25 each way (before tip). Not a problem if you have your own car, but certainly something to keep in mind

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2011

On a recent business trip I stayed at this hotel. I normally stay at Marriott properties so I figured this one would be comparable. I was wrong. My room was dated and the bath fixtures needed attention. The shower head seemed to be dangling out of the wall, the sink drain stopper didn't work and the toilet ran for an extended time after flushing. On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was decent. I will not be staying here again. Recently remodeled rooms are available across the street and are more affordable at the Hampton Inn. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Request rooms on the back side, they face a shopping center that closes at a reasonable hour and wil...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Roadtrp23
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Having stayed in Roanoke on many occasions I thought I would give the Fairfield a try. After staying at different Marriott properties, I can say I was really let down. The room was sparse, dated and worn. Breakfast on the other hand was quite good with a wide variety of items to choose from. Honestly I cannot recommend the Fairfield. Just go a little further up the road and stay at the Holiday Inn Express. It's new, the rooms are nice and up to date.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed August 14, 2011

It is plainer and not as nice as your typical Fairfield. However, for a place to stay the night while traveling it works quite well.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Pretty well maintained 5ish year old property. Nice staff. Elliptical in fitness room was old junk. Pricey but so is this market for Marriott and others.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here for one night while passing through on out trip. The staff was average at check in, and at checkout I had to stand there for 15 minutes waiting for the lady to stop talking in the back to check me out. The room was clean but you could tell it is getting run down. Positive was it was in a convenient location and there is free breakfast. I have stayed at very many marriott brands and most are better maintained than this.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple