“Pleasant Surprise”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed over one night on my way to Nashville, paid with Marriott points. I was pleasantly surprised by what a lovely experience it was. Clean, comfortable room with refrigerator and microwave, free wi-fi! Staff friendly and pleasant. Free breakfast available til 10:30 a.m., and a large selection of food - cereals, pastries, bagels, muffins, microwaveable sandwiches, fruit, yogurt - which they kep replenished until closing time (unlike other hotels where if you didn't get to breakfast early, there wasn't much left). Would definitely stay there if I was in the area again.

Room Tip: Rack up Marriott points, lol
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed July 11, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 2 times a month for the past three years for business, and I have never been disappointed. Room is always clean, Front Desk help is outstanding and they do a great job. Unfortunately, I have changed jobs and will not be traveling to Roanoke anymore and will miss staying there....

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We have stayed at a number of suites hotels and found the layout here to be very inviting and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room and facility were clean and well maintained. The continental breakfast was good and offered a number of choices including egg sandwiches, sausage biscuits and waffles. Good place to stop on a road trip.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2010

If you're not able to get into Blacksburg or Christiansburg, this is a great location for those going to a football game or anything at Va Tech. We used this property for the Tech-UVA game last month and was very pleased. Marriott rewards member**

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The service I received was exceptional, free cab to airport, free shuttle pick-up at night, unbelievable free breakfast.
Bed is very firm, and not a pillow top; that appeals to me.

2 minor qualms. Can't shut the curtains at night, and there is a pretty fair amount of light cascading in.
And the toilet paper dispenser placement is ridiculous. It is too close to the toilet, you cannot sit down without it being in the way..

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Upon arriving at this particular Fairfield after 2 a.m., check-in wasn't a breeze. I personally was a front desk manager at a Marriott property for 6 years & have knowledge of the Marriott standards, rules & regulations. Kim the night auditor basically tried to pull the wool over my eyes with a ridiculous cash payer's policy that was never heard of, according to other front desk staff associates at this hotel. She stated that I could only pay cash if I also paid an additional $250 deposit for incidentals. When I asked if she could simply turn off my telephone & on-command movies so I wouldnt be able to occur any charges, she stated that it was immpossible (not true). Then I told her that I didn't have the extra $250 deposit for incidentals that I would be refunded at check out & if there were any other options since I didnt want to pay using my credit card, & she said the only other option she could think of would be for me & my 2-year old finding another hotel to reside in that will accept cash without any policies. Again let me remind you, it's after 2a.m. & she's telling me to find another hotel in an unfamiliar area with my 2year old! I was very upset & I knew the real reason why she did'nt want to accept cash at that time & was giving me a hard time. That reason is because she had already ran her audit report & was just pretty much being lazy not wanting to post & drop the money to avoid having to run the audit all over again. Solution: Don't run your report so early Kim & stop being so lazy! I stated to her after all of this that I knew the politics of the hotel hospitality industry like the back of my hand & she had nothing to say. I WOULD NEVER RETURN TO THIS HOTEL AGAIN & I SUGGEST IF YOU'RE A CASH PAYING GUEST; NOT TO RESIDE THERE AS WELL!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank TheInteresting1
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Great rooms and service for the price i paid ($80).. They initially goofed up with the check as I was alloted a room that someone had already checked in. But the staff took the necessary action when i alerted them and moved me to a higher priced room. rooms were clean and had the bed just like i wanted it..
The breakfast as ordinary.. choice and bread and juice could have been better..

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple