“Very Average”

Wildwood Smokehouse of Roanoke
Ranked #82 of 497 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I went for lunch and the all the barbecue meat was dry and the sauces were overly sweet. I love good barbecue and this wasn't it.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I have been dining at this small but very friendly restaurant close to our home for 14+ years, I think. Love it. If you are a BBQ connoisseur (spelling?), it may not be great by your standards. But for a small, local business that serves down-home BBQ at very reasonable prices with GREAT service, this is your place. They also have "Tailgate Packages" and offer catering. They have a small bar that is completely separate from the dining area. I have never heard loud noises from the bar, but we do not dine after 8 PM usually, so keep that in mind. Place is open 7 days, starting at 11AM each day. Fairly wide menu selection, at reasonable prices. I especially like the pulled chicken platter and sometimes the pulled pork platter, which is one of my wife's favorites. They also offer those meats in sandwiches. They also offer both cups and bowls of Brunswick stew, which is great. Also a few desserts. They are located in a tiny strip mall on Electric Road (SR 419) just a few doors away from a small McDonald's in SW Roanoke County, and on the other side of SR 419 is Southwest Plaza, which has a Food Lion.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I sort of forget about this place but have enjoyed three meals over the course of a few months. Located in an older strip mall it is easy to overlook. Atmosphere is homey and simple making it a great place for families and anyone wanting a casual dinner without breaking the bank. The menu offers a wide variety of food (huge wraps) and I love they offer lots of options for side items (steamed veggies, etc.), not just the typical fries, beans and slaw with your barbeque. Last night they had homemade Coca Cola cake, a blast from the past - and only $.99 cent for a serving. Service a little spotty, local high school kids who get easily distracted. Worth a stop for lunch and easy dinner.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I ordered the Brisket platter. My wife ordered the chicken platter. Both items were so dry, you had to smother it with sauce and drink a lot of water to get it down. Sure the sauce was good, but the brisket and chicken were very underrated.

We also had to wait over an hour for our food from when we sat down.

Very disappointing. Don't know what people are thinking with the positive reviews. We would be better off getting a pork shoulder and putting it in the slow cooker ourselves and eating it with a store bought sauce.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Excellent barbeque!!! Wide variety of choices on menu that are not barbeque. Sirloin tips with peppers and onions are great. Good service and reasonable prices make Wildwood a good place for lunch or informal dinner.