“Lunch buffet at Regency Room hotel Roanoke”

Regency Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Regency Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 476 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Williamson Road
Transit: Smart Way Bus has two stops along Wells Avenue. Star Trolley stops at the Market Building, with a short walk across the Market Square Walkway to the restaurant.
Description: Celebrating More Than 75 Years of Southern Hospitality This autumn, The Regency Room will be rich with bountiful colors and fresh ingredients as Executive Chef Stephen DeMarco and Chef de Cuisine Colin Lloyd introduce their new Autumn/Winter Menus. Make a statement in The Regency Room each and every time you dine! The Regency Room is located adjacent to the Hotel lobby.
Lewisville, North Carolina
“Lunch buffet at Regency Room hotel Roanoke”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

For an 80th birthday for a relative, we chose the lunch buffet at the in the Regency, calling ahead to let them know the occasion. Lunch was baked salmon, steamed veggies, pasta primaravera, with salad bar, bread and dessert. Really healthy for any restaurant, but especially a buffet. Assume menu changes. In addition to the buffet review, the relative was served a large piece of cheesecake decorated for his birthday. Wait staff were especially attentive and our waitress became a part of the celebration.

• Visited July 2013
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at Regency Dining Room, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Terryp514, thank you for your review of the restaurant and for choosing us as the location to celebrate a birthday. We are honored to have the privilege and I am glad that it was a special celebration! I hope you have the opportunity to celebrate future occasions in the future or can come back to just enjoy a great meal with family and friends. We look forward to serving you!

USA
“Perfection on Every Level”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had dinner at The Regency Room while we were guests of the hotel for my husband's birthday. We were greeted by a very pleasant host who seated us quickly. Our table was nice with a view and our server Earl was the finest waiter I have ever had in my life! He was perfectly profession and was very "old school" which is the way the Regency Room should be. Our food and drinks were excellent and Earl presented each dish as a gift! When dessert arrived, my husband was surprised by a fantastic cake and ice cream dessert along with a special quiet and beautiful Happy Birthday song solo by Earl. Our dinner there will be a happy memory and we were so pleased that we had Earl as our waiter, he is the best!

Visited July 2013
Dear iloveItalyUsa, thank you for your review of the restaurant and for dining with us during your visit. I am thrilled to read the birthday dinner was exceptional and will pass along the kind words to Earl. He is a gem to our restaurant and I hope you have the opportunity to come back and visit again soon!

Marion, Virginia
“Nice lunch but Disappointing Parking”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We took a group of 10 for a nice business lunch. Very nice atmosphere, food was quite good, and the service was excellent. Then we have the parking situation. The restaurant stamped our parking ticket, but to our surprise we still owed a dollar upon leaving the lot as the restaurant's "credit" was only $2. Not a big deal, but irritating and a bit cheesy. A $16 lunch in Roanoke should get you free parking.

Tip- park under the pedestrian bridge along Shenandoah. There's a limit to the free parking time, but it should be enough time to enjoy lunch.

• Visited July 2013
Dear Steve S, thank you for your review of the restaurant and for choosing us for your business lunch. I am sharing your review with our staff to put corrective measures in place. We'd like to add that there is also street parking along Wells Avenue and Jefferson Avenue as well. But again, we will review the stamping of parking tickets to better accommodate our guests.

Bristol, Virginia
“A Beautiful Dining Room”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was recently at the Hotel Roanoke as part of a conference. We ate two nights in the Regency Dining Room. I am surprised to say this, but the famous peanut soup was disappointing. I remember having loved it years ago, but the consistency and taste this visit was like whipped peanut butter. My companion (who had ordered the soup on my recommendation) and I both left more than half our soup and the waitress didn't even inquire about this. Oh well, the duck appetizer would be great, we thought, but it was only so-so. Quite disappointing, but I have had many other good meals here (including brunch) that we came back the next night. My steak was delicious. I'm not sure what happened the first night, but I stuck to the basics on night 2 and was not sorry.

• Visited June 2013
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at Regency Dining Room, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Julianewday, thank you for your review of the restaurant and for choosing us to dine with. I am disappointed to read about your night one experience and will share your review with our staff. We strive daily to provide the best in product, service and experience. I do hope if you find yourself back in the area, you will again choose to dine with us.

San Francisco Bay Area
“A Pleasurable Dining Experience in a Historic Hotel”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The amazing ambience of this dining room in the historic Roanoke Hotel goes without mention. We actually ended up here late on a Sunday on the way to Lynchburg, as we figured all the restaurants would be closed there by the time we arrived. In fact, many of the Roanoke restaurants were closed, so we ended up here by default. We definitely did not regret it. We were also glad that they let us in although we were in shorts, because this is a very upscale environment. We ordered the peanut soup and the Southern Shrimp cocktail as appetizers. The soup was very unique and very good, like warm peanut butter. The homemade cocktail sauce and relish really accented the shrimp, which were surprisingly fresh. We shared the New York Strip, which was cooked perfectly, very tender, and had a very good flavor. However, it had more gristle than I would have expected. The service was attentive, but fairly slow (maybe fashionably so). The waitress was friendly and accommodating, but a little flaky, as our water and ice tea glasses could have been filled more often.

• Visited June 2013
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at Regency Dining Room, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Baytravelinduo, thank you for your review of the dining room. I am glad you enjoyed your experience and will be addressing the issues you mentioned with our staff. We will be sure to get this corrected immediately and hope that if you are ever back in the area, will again choose to dine with us.