“Sunday Brunch best in the city!”

Regency Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Regency Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 473 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Williamson Road
Transit: Smart Way Bus has two stops along Wells Avenue. Star Trolley stops at the Market Building, with a short walk across the Market Square Walkway to the restaurant.
Description: Celebrating More Than 75 Years of Southern Hospitality This autumn, The Regency Room will be rich with bountiful colors and fresh ingredients as Executive Chef Stephen DeMarco and Chef de Cuisine Colin Lloyd introduce their new Autumn/Winter Menus. Make a statement in The Regency Room each and every time you dine! The Regency Room is located adjacent to the Hotel lobby.
“Sunday Brunch best in the city!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at Hotel Roanoke and had previously stayed at HR! My wife's birthday, she loves breakfast so we decided to eat brunch! For $24 per person, you get favorite breakfast items as well as soups, breads, desserts, salads, and prime rib. All in buffett form, very romantic elegant atmosphere! You will not be disappointed!

1 Thank Jhash2
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at Regency Dining Room, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear jhash2, thank you for your review of the restaurant. We appreciate the kind words and are glad you enjoyed your dining experience. I hope you and your wife created a special birthday and appreciate you spending your time with us.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Road-weary foodies find happiness at the Regency Dining room”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was our second time dining as guests at the Hotel Roanoke’s Regency Room. In May, I was not impressed, but last night—Oh, my! We had the best dinner in recent memory.

I ordered the Border Springs Farm Rack of Lamb served with a side of asparagus and hollandaise sauce and a fresh tomato with spinach au gratin. The lamb, pasture-raised from an award-winning farm, was tender and flavorful, beautifully presented. The asparagus was steamed--thin and crisp. What I particularly liked about this meal was the light touch by the chef that allowed the high-quality ingredients to shine. Everything was perfectly cooked to bring out the flavors, no overly creative sauces or weird seasonings.

My Regency Salad was perfect—interesting greens including curly endive, wrapped in a thin cucumber slice, beautifully dressed. An exciting beginning.

My husband ordered the 40-Day Aged New York Strip with a side of crusted potato cake. He loved it—lightly seasoned, perfectly cooked, and appropriately tender. We shared a bottle of Napa Valley wine recommended to complement the steak; it was quite nice.

After 14 days on the road, this was a most relaxing and gratifying dining experience. The atmosphere is elegant and quietly subdued, the service is attentive without being intrusive, and the food is excellent. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

I'd be remiss if I did not mention our service--truly exceptional. The hostess sensed our fatigue and stress and seated us at a quiet table away from the crowd. Our waiter was so personable--we really enjoyed our conversation and connections.

Highly recommend for special occasions, a romantic dinner for two, or meeting friends where conversation can be heard.

I told our waiter we had traveled the country searching for the best foods; and all along, it was in our own back yard. Thank you, chef and Hotel Roanoke!

Day 14: 560 miles – Jackson, TN to Roanoke, VA

• Visited July 2012
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at Regency Dining Room, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear HumminAlong, thank you for the review and thank you for the second chance! Your review exemplified the experience we want all our guests to have and I am thrilled to see it delivered! I do hope if your travels bring you back to The Roanoke Valley, you will stay with us again!

Safe Travels,
Roanoke, Virginia
“its ok”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The Regency room used to be amazing, now, its just ok. Decor is beautiful

Visited November 2011
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at Regency Dining Room, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear jenniwren382, thank you for your review of the restaurant. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you as we do change our menus for the seasons and always are looking to impress.

Rabun Gap, Georgia
“Friendly Elegance”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We recently had a sitdown dinner for 12 in the regency room for a special occasion. The atmosphere of the room was quite elegant. Too often going "upscale" means your service is coolly efficient (not a bad thing). In the Regency Room, however, our overall experience was made even better by the warmth and Roanoke-friendly attitude and attention of the all of the staff. The food was unsurprisingly excellent. Some might think that the wine list is a bit small, but the wines offered were excellent and complementary, and I've been too many places where the length of the list is so long that it interferes with making a good selection. We really enjoyed the live music, and the extra fuss that was made for us on our combination birthday/anniversary/family reunion night out. Thanks!

• Visited June 2012
Dear Tom B, I want to personally thank you for sharing your special moments and memories with us at The Regency Room. It was wonderful reading your review as we strive for this experience on a daily basis. I am glad we were able to make your experience special and I hope you will consider us again in the future for any special occasion.

Arlington, Virginia
“Fantastic Food and Service”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

While the prices can get a bit high, the food is fantastic and the service is stellar.

Visited July 2012
Dear dburges2, thank you for your review of the restaurant. We do try to diversify the menu to include offerings that fit a wide range of budgets. Each "season" we address these issues and with Fall approaching we will take your review into consideration. I do hope when you're in the area that you'll come back and dine with us again.