“Service can change it all”

Montano's International
Reserve with OpenTable
Montano's International is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 497 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We ate here recently as a friends night out with about 10 people in our party, on what seemed to be a pretty busy evening for the restaurant. Long story short is that getting refills, or even our checks at the end took forever, and prevented me from giving 5 stars. However I must say that I don't think it was the fault of our server because it looked as if she were running ragged trying to keep up. I don't know this for sure but it looked like she was trying to take care of about 16-18 people including the ten in our group. Food was great!... trying to find a place to park, not so much. My recommendations is that if you have 4 or more in your group call for reservations.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

i have eaten at Montano's a couple of times and always had a great experience. They have an incredible selection of food and drink and the service is top notch. Last night, we had an extraordinary meal and excellent service. I was actually surprised when I got the bill because it was less than I expected.

1  Thank Ed M
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Go there for both lunch and dinner and it is always good ,but lunch is a treat. Great salads and everything else too.

1  Thank Bayard H
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We went to this place based on the very good reviews. We were very impressed with the beginning of the meal. They gave us huge salads with a very good variety of ingredients. The bread was warm and so good! It was all downhill from there. My wife order the crab cake special. We both felt it was a bit too salty. I ordered the "National Dish of Brazil". I was very impressed with the portion size and variety of things included. However, after the first bite, I knew something was wrong. It was so salty that I could only force myself to eat 25% of it. My wife took one bite and said that was all see could take. When the waiter came by, I said I was done. He asked why and I told him. The head woman came to the table and told us that she tasted the dish in the kitchen and even she said it was too salty. She offered to give me another entree, but we didn't want to wait another 1/2 hour and were afraid of the same results. She then offered a free dessert. I chose the Jack Daniel's bread pudding. I love bread pudding. We both took a bite. Whoa!! it was so sweet that even I could not finish it!!! The meal cost us $50 and we sure won't be recommending this restaurant to anyone. I would have given it one star, except the salad and bread was excellent.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This well known restaurant has been around for decades, but it always appears fresh. A great place for special occasions. They have an extensive beer and wine selection. The menu leans towards Italian but includes a variety of chicken and steaks as well.

We had dinner there on a Saturday evening along with 30 other members of a local organization. Our group was seated at a long table in their baquet room but we ordered separately and paid our own bills. My tab for 2 meals and 2 drinks was $80 including an automatic 20% gratuity because of our large group.

My wife and I began with a baked brie appetizer. This could have been a meal in itself. A large serving with fresh fruit (melons and pineapple) and bread. Our main course was chicken with artichoke and mushrooms and pasta prima vera. Both dinners were huge - we will enjoy the other half for lunch tomorrow!

It appeared our group was served by 2 waitresses who did an excellent job taking orders, keeping everything straight and always delivering the food in a timely manner.

Montanos has been around for awhile. It can be a tad more expensive for casual meals, but is always full. The weather was warm enought this evening to eat outside, although we were confined to the banquet room.

You will never go wrong with this favorite establishment.

1  Thank Ernie B