“"The Rotten Tomato Place"”

Montano's International
Reserve with OpenTable
Montano's International is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 467 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Roanoke, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"The Rotten Tomato Place"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have actually had some good meals at Montanos, that is why I have been there several times. However, this last time, when I was served bloody red chicken, I decided not to go back. Another time I was actually served rotten tomatoes! My parents were in town visiting when and now Montanos is know as the "rotten tomato place"

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Personal N

Roanoke, Virginia
“Party place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Food is great but way too much noise. We stopped going there because you cannot have a conversation due to noise. Great place if you plan on getting drunk with friends.

1 Thank Kelley M
“Variety and Different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I like the variety of foods offered with fine wines or beers to go with it. Lunchtime is also a nice time to experience their food. Not a traditional southern fare!

Visited October 2012
Virginia
“Not worth it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I picked up a to-go order, and my experience with doing that alone was so bad that I will never be coming back. When I asked for bread (something they offer with every meal) I was laughed at by the waiter, as he proceeded to offer me crackers instead. Perhaps because he thought it was such a funny situation? I was also charged over menu price for what I ordered. If I'm going to be charged $30 for two orders of manicotti, something I can get anywhere else in Roanoke cheaper, the least they could do is offer great service. Not to mention there was a line of people waiting to be seated that had been ignored by the staff. The entire staff is rude and unprofessional, and the price is not worth it. I will never be coming back. Stay away from this place and save yourself the trouble.

Visited December 2012
Roanoke
“Where we take Company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Have lived in Roanoke for a year and a half and this is the restarant we usually take family and company to when they come to visit. You can get anything from a hamburger to a five star meal, really nice restaurant and we have always gotton great service.

Visited October 2012