“Love it!!!”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Roanoke VA
“Love it!!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have been going to the New Yorker forever...and I love it. Great variety of subs and don't forget the cheese cake. Its so good. You can't go wrong checking this place out. I highly recommend it.. You don't stay in business as long as they have, if you are producing quality food with a unique taste.!!

• Visited July 2014

Altus, Oklahoma
“Awesome!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Awesome sandwiches and the staff is super friendly! Bring your appetite and cash. They don't accept checks or credit cards.

McCormick, SC
“No wonder they've been there over 50 years”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great food, great service, great value. This restaurant is an icon in Roanoke. Everytime we visit relatives in the Star City is included a trip to the New Yorker. I finally decided to not order their fantastic Submarine and went for the Kosher Klub. What a super sandwich. Heated on rye, pastrami, corned beef, salami, Swiss, piled high, with a side of Cole slaw and a really great garlic kosher dill----wow what a sandwich. They have a large selection of craft beers also.

• Visited May 2014
Blue Ridge Mountains
“Best place in Roanoke for a sandwich!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I always split "The Submarine" whenever we're at the New Yorker. It's piled high with all kinds of meats, cheeses and slaw. The price is super cheap and the taste is so much better than Subway. Wait staff is friendly too. This place has been here forever and their prices have barely changed. Just make sure you have cash - they don't accept any other form of payment.

Visited March 2014
Bluefield, West Virginia
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We love this place. We have actually driven 2 hours just to come eat here. The house specialty is their sub. This is outstanding! They have a full menu and although I want to try something else, I keep getting the sub because it's so good. It had been several years since I had been there, and I was amazed that the prices were still so low. And my grandson keep begging for cheesecake, so I had to give it and when it came it was huge. This is about as good as it gets. Now, if you are wanting a steak or full dinner, this isn't the place. But, if you want to leave with a full stomach, this is it. I had to bring half of my sub home with me it is so big. They have a kids menu and all 3 of my grandsons got a hotdog, chips and it comes with a little cup of ice cream so they were happy also. A nice family place to eat.

• Visited May 2014