“Best Subs in Roanoke”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Virginia
“Best Subs in Roanoke”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The New Yorker has been a local favorite for decades. Some friends were in town yesterday after being away for quite awhile. We went straight to the New Yorker, where we have shared great memories with them over the years. They were astounded that the prices are still so low, and that the quality is as excellent as they remembered. Always fresh, always a great value, and definitely fills up my husband and sons... most women have enough left over for lunch the next day! And don't get me started on their cheesecake... it's worth every calorie!

• Visited May 2014

Sebring, Florida, United States
“wasn't worth our time!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We kept hearing about how good it was, so we were excited to check it out. We arrived to have lunch, finding the waitstaff looking sloppy, although their bunny ears were cute. we sat and looked at the menu. We started our order, and was disappointed immediately. I wanted to add bacon and pickles, which I was told I couldn't have. They do not offer either. we were told 20 minutes later that their oven was done so we could wait an hour or have them cold. cold it was. they arrived with a Pickle. not sure why they couldn't put them on. Our waitress never checked back and when my husband finally got a drink refill, she brought the wrong kind although she asked what it was! never again would I waste my time or money.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank hairartist32
Callaway, Virginia, United States
“Slice of New York flavor hidden in a Southern city!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Classic New York deli style subs, meats, etc! All sandwiches are unique and delicious! Cannot find this flavor in any other sub shop in town. A Roanoke tradition on an old school main drag of Williamson Road that will make you want to "cruise" by on your way in and out of town!!

• Visited April 2013
“Average Sandwich”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This mom and pop deli fixed a decent sandwich but wasn't quite worth the off the beaten path drive. The club and rueben were good but I was extremely disappointed in the german potato salad. I expected the vinegary tang but ended up with boiled potatoes that were bland. The service was fair. I'm not sure why they took your glass to fill it up instead of bringing a pitcher to refill. The meat was lean and tasty. If kosher is your thing, it might be worth the drive.

Visited February 2014
“Roanoke landmark GREAT Subs!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a big sub person, but this place has AMAZING sandwiches! Lots of food for the value, great sides too. Try the potato salad!

• Visited September 2013