“hurry up and wait”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Salem, Virginia
“hurry up and wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

The food is always good, but the wait on the food and refills, dessert and the final check seem to always to come much later than most would expect. Eat outside so you can at least enjoy the scenery or 419's location.

Visited May 2014

Wilton, California
“Huge Portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We were returning from the D-Day Memorial and looking for dinner. We saw El Rodeo and stopped. We were seated immediately, it was early so not many patrons there at the time. The server could have been more animated and friendly, but he was efficient. The chips and salsa were very good. Dinner arrived within 10 minutes. Vern had ordered the Chili Verde with an "Authentic Chili Relleno" on the side. Having the option between what we have found to be called a relleno out here and an authentic relleno gave this place a big plus. I ordered the Carnitas. The rice and beans were very good, but look at the size of the portions on our plates! We're eating the leftovers tonight for dinner. Obviously we think the pricing is very fair. I even loved my salad, when I don't usually eat it. Very good food. The pork shredded with my fork.

• Visited March 2014
Roanoke, Virginia
“Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

There are several locations in Roanoke and I have been to all. They range anywhere from average to very good depending on the location. Service is usually fast. My favorites are 419 / Brambleton and 460 east. 460 east has a good lunch buffet.

Visited December 2013
Pamplin, Virginia
“Higher than average quality Mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stopped in here for a quick dinner on our way home from a long trip. Having never been to this restaurant we did not know what to expect but just hoped for fast service and reasonably good food. We were not disappointed in the least. The first thing we noticed was the prices on the menu were a little higher than those at the Mexican restaurants we normally go. The salsa that they brought out with the tortilla chips was especially good, seasoned with fresh cilantro and lots of black pepper for an incredible flavor that I have not experienced elsewhere. They should bottle it and sell it, it is that good! We both agreed that our chimichangas were some of the best Mexican food we've had. Everything seemed fresher and higher quality than the places I normally frequent, so I think the slightly higher prices are justified. I'd definitely make this my go-to Mexican place if we lived nearby! Yes, service was quick, and we left stuffed... consider saving some of your meal so you don't over-do it like I did.

• Visited December 2013