“Great service, beautiful presentation, excellent food!”
Review of Cafe Asia 2

Cafe Asia 2
Ranked #28 of 478 Restaurants in Roanoke
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Great service, beautiful presentation, excellent food!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Have eaten at this location several times in the last few months, each time was great. I usually sit at the sushi bar, where I can watch the masters at work. These guys are amazing, and the beautiful food they present is breathtaking. Good lunch specials, excellent variety of standard Asian fare, but done in a manner you don't see anywhere else. Must eat here!

• Visited December 2013

Istanbul, Turkey
“Great Quality Asian Food”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a big fan of Asian food, but some family friends really wanted to take us to Cafe Asia while we were visiting Roanoke because it is one of their favorite places. I'm pleased to say that I was not disappointed.

The service was excellent, including hot towels before and after the meal, and the prices were really fair for lunch. We shared some delicious pot stickers for an appetizer and I had the General Tso's chicken with fried rice. The chicken was fresh and crispy and the flavor was really nice and the fried rice was good too.

I was overall very pleased with my meal and would highly recommend it, even if you're not big into Asian food. I did notice that dinner prices were certainly a little more on the high end compared to lunch, but I'm sure that it includes heartier portions.

“Great Asian Food”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

One of my favorite restaurant in town! Their dishes are delicate and delicious. The owner, feng, is really nice and friendly. You cannot go wrong with any sushi there.

• Visited September 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Amazing food; even better service!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just had our first visit to Cafe Asia 2 and it was phenomenal! The owner, Feng, was very accommodating to my need for gluten free food. He suggested we try the special (Tokyo sushi) and then suggested main courses that could be made gluten free. Our main dishes (chicken lo mein for me, shrimp szechuan for my husband) came out quickly... But we still hadn't gotten our sushi. Feng jumped right on it, and it turned out our server had forgotten to put the order in. He and the server were extremely apologetic. My husband and I are easy going and mistakes happen, so it didn't bother us and I suggested we just have it after we ate our main dishes. But Feng explained that, as much as he'd be happy to have the sale, sushi should be eaten first and he couldn't serve it to us in good conscience. We were so impressed with this attitude - it is hard to believe there are many business owners who would have reacted that way and lost the additional revenue. He completely earned our business with how he handled it. We were happy to just have our main dishes - which were hands down the best lo mein and Szechuan we've ever had - but Feng insisted on doing even more. Not only did he cook up a special order of wasabi shumai, but he also surprised us with an amazing dessert (mango with sticky rice) -- all on the house. It was so above and beyond what was necessary and we were blown away by his efforts to ensure we left happy and would return. The food was so good that we will absolutely be back - the level of service and attention just means we will be back again very soon. So, so impressive (and completely delicious!)

• Visited October 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Big Flavor - Small Space”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for a late lunch a week after they opened; all 50 seats in the main dining room were filled. After a wait of but a few minutes we were seated and given plenty of attention by our waitress; the owner even stopped by. Our food was every bit as good as their original location. We will be back soon.

• Visited August 2013