“Double Tree Hotel Roanoke Stay”

The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The trip was for business. The hotel is scenic, and makes you feel like you are far away, even though the reality is that you are right downtown, in close proximity to all types of venues. I have stayed before and can honestly stay that I have never had a bad experience at the Hotel Roanoke.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GaryWalton, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Lajune F, thank you for choosing The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center for your business trip. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again and again.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Everything about this stay was great--the courteous valets, the helpful reception staff, the charming lobby, and the comfortable, relaxing room. Having many restaurants within walking distance is a decided bonus.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Berkeley M, thank you for your comments regarding your stay at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, A Doubletree by Hilton. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the many restaurants that the downtown area has to offer. We are looking forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Great stay, the Hotel Roanoke certainly lives up to its reputation. The staff was friendly and professional, and the room was very clean and comfortable. We can't wait to visit again, this was a perfect hotel for a couples getaway.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Taylor G, thank you for staying at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, A DoubleTree by Hilton. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are already looking forward to your next visit with us. You are right this is a great place for a couples getaway.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

This unique hotel provides an exceptional experience for business meetings, events and leisure. The management & staff have consistently exceeded my expectations for the past four years. Weekend getaways make this hotel a must see with the historical information and great location to the city of Roanoke.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Richard A, thank you for choosing The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center A DoubleTree by Hilton for your meeting – we’re happy to hear it was a success! We look forward to welcoming you back again. We enjoyed taking care of you. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed here 1 night. The room was clean and well furnished. Parking was a bit of a walk and it wasn't clear if it was free or not. The sign going in indicated the rates for parking, but when we left the gate was up with no attendant. The breakfast buffet was fairly good, but not free. Based on all the above I would rate this place as Good. Higher than average, but not very good or excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
GaryWalton, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

dear rxhill, thanks for your comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

The hotel overall was a pleasant experience, however, there was an unexpectant draft from my account from hotel Roanoke for an additional 163.15. I called the hotel supervisor "Marie" and explained to her that I made reservations on booking.com, and I called the hotel several days later only to here that my reservation was not valid. OK. Then I tried booking the hotel reservation again, in turn, changed the date of my stay to a longer stay. I called the hotel 2-3 days prior to my stay, and again I was told that my reservation was not valid. So, I booked my room for the same weekend for a longer stay while I was on the phone with this gentleman that didn't understand English very well. He also didn't speak English that well either. He finally found out that I made my reservations online after 30-45 minutes on the phone. Then after my stay I found out that they took out 163.15 out of my account because they said that I had 2 rooms booked and was not cancelled. OK! How am I supposed to know that the room wasn't cancelled if the gentleman told me that he found the reservation, first of all, and also I was there on the weekend that they said I was a "NO SHOW!" She claimed that she couldn't do nothing about it and that I couldn't get my money back. If that doesn't prove that these people are crooks!! I will never stay there again no matter what!! It was wrong and seemed like the more I explained the situation, the worse it got!! Marie wasn't any help at all!! You will never have to worry about me again,not if I can help it!! No matter what, I will do whatever it takes to get MY MONEY BACK!!

2  Thank Karen D

Thank you for your comments. We are so sorry for all of the inconveniences and misunderstandings that you encountered. We will be reaching out to your directly to ensure that we fully resolve this issue or feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Beautiful hotel, in the middle of history.
Great portraits of Lee and Washington in the lobby.
Fun covered walk path over the railroad tracks into town.
Outdoor patio dining also.
BEAUTIFUL dining room.
Breakfast was amazing!
Little bit of door noise in the hall at night...don't know if that could be fixed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Pat S, Thank you for your comments. The portraits are beautiful and the hotel is a fun place to learn about history. We are glad you enjoyed your breakfast. We hope to serve you again in the future. Thanks for your business.

Travelers also viewed these Roanoke hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke - Downtown
Cambria Hotel & Suites
Cambria Hotel & Suites
#7 of 40 in Roanoke
Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke Airport
Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
Hilton Garden Inn Roanoke

Been to The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton

Address: 110 Shenandoah Ave NE, Roanoke, VA 24016-2025 (Formerly Doubletree by Hilton Hotel)
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Family Hotel in Roanoke
#1 Romantic Hotel in Roanoke
#2 Business Hotel in Roanoke
Price Range: $120 - $228 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton 4*
Built in 1882, the fully-restored Tudor-style Hotel Roanoke is proudly listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As a member of IACC (International Association of Conference Centers), Hotel Roanoke is pleased to offer world-class lodging facilities, including newly renovated guest rooms and 63,000 square feet of state-of-the-art conference space. The hotel's business facilities include 35 meeting rooms, a fixed-seat lecture hall, two boardrooms, conference center lounge and an elegant hotel ballroom which can accommodate up to 1,400 guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Hotel Roanoke And Conference Center, a Doubletree By Hilton Hotel