You added The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Doubletree Hotel Roanoke”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is a great hotel by far. When making my reservations through Hilton Hotels 800 # the person asked if I would like to upgrade to Executive level. Best thing I ever did. The hotel was beautiful a must see. It is the first hotel that had a chair lift in the Jacuzzi and pool which was great. We had a beautiful suite that came with complimentary soft drinks and appetizers served on our floor as well as a breakfast that was a continental but had a more items than the usual. There is a walkway from the hotel to the downtown area shops and all kinds of places to have dinner. Hot cookies on arrival!!! Great staff!!!

1 Thank Judy R
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Judy R, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and am excited to see from staff to product to service that your experience was what we strive for. I hope if your travels return you to the Valley, that you will again choose us for your accommodations.

Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was recently married in Roanoke, VA and my wife and I arranged to have our guests stay at The Hotel Roanoke. We also booked our shuttle through the property so our guests would be able to come and go as they please. Scott Kitts with The Hotel Roanoke and Towne Park was incredible to work with. He handled my multiple, uninformed phone calls with professionalism and class. My wife and I felt as if we were the number one priority in the hotel due to the courteous staff on hand and the patience exhibited by Mr. Kitts.

The facility is amazing. The location is perfectly situated in the middle of downtown Roanoke and everything is within walking distance. The decision to have our guests stay at The Hotel Roanoke was easily one of the best we made during the entire wedding process.

If we ever need another shuttle or venue for any event we will contact The Hotel Roanoke and Scott Kitts personally!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travis C
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Travis C, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. What a fabulous review to read! Congratulations on your wonderful life event and thank you for choosing our hotel for your guests. I will surely pass along the kind words to our staff and hope if you return to the area, you will again choose the hotel for your accommodations.

Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

For the landmark hotel of Roanoke area, the rooms need refrigerators and wi-fi at the minimum. Also, the special offer of corner room with a view needs clarification of "a corner room with a view or just a corner room" My "view" from the second floor was of an asphalt parking lot and the rocks on top of the first floor overhang. Left a real sour taste in my mouth. And our family function was not even listed on the "events" e-board for other family guests to know where the event room was, so I had to stand out front and do the directing myself. A real let down.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Charles H, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. We do offer complimentary wi-fi in all guest rooms and have refrigerators available at your convenience. I apologize for the clarification issue on the guest room and your event not being listed. We understand the frustration and are working to get these issues fixed immediately so this doesn't happen again. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel, once we were there, was a wonderful experience, aside from the cranky server at breakfast who didn't want us there becasue we came in at 10:05 for a breakfast buffet that ended at 10:30. I would recommend it, but you better get to breakfast earlier. Making the reservation was a horrible experience. The hotel sent me to the 800 line, who kept telling me they didn't have any vacancy at the hotel for the room type I wanted, which was incorrect. The hotel front desk confirmed the room I wanted was available, but couldn't make the reservation herself. I called the 800 number back several times, and they started taking my call with an immediate response that their system was down and I'd have to call back later (obviuosly, they could see my number when I dialed in). When I finally got smart and asked for a supervisor, she found the room I wanted available and booked it. It took me about an hour and a half to get to that point.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Jennifer C, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I apologize for the inconveniences experienced. We are reviewing this internally to ensure this doesn't happen again. I appreciate you sharing this experience with us so that we can make our operations run more smoothly and efficiently. I hope you give us another chance when visiting the area.

Aiken, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The room was nice and decorated with period furniture. Good oversized room and a very neat, old hotel. They only issue we had was a clogged drain in the shower and the room was not very clean. I would give a 2 out of 5 on the housekeeping.

• 2 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Ryan O, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I apologize for the inconvenience experienced. This is not acceptable and we will be implementing corrective measures immediately. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us so that we can better our operations. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Atlanta, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I have been traveling for a month. The Hotel Roanoke is our last hotel stop on the way home---- what a treat! Everyone has been so helpful and pleasant. Lewis (valet) could not have been better---From getting ice in our cooler to providing transportation to dinner (wonderful meal, his referral). Our every need was addressed by the whole staff. Look forward to coming back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SpicyAtlanta_Ga
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear SpicyAtlanta_Ga, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. We are honored to have been a part of your month long trip and are pleased to read that everything went exceptionally well! I will be sure to pass along the kind words! We look forward to serving you again.

Safe Travels,
York County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I loved it. The hotel is pretty big, so it's a far walk to certain rooms. You have to explore to figure out what the best way to your room. Beautiful scenery and close to many points of interest. I adore all of the decorations inside and out.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank ellabellaelephant
Dear ellabellaelephant, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. We appreciate the kind words and hope if your travels return you to the Valley, you will again choose us for your stay. We look forward to serving you.