2,753 results
All reviewspine roomregency roomthe executive loungevalet parkingbeautiful historic hotelself parkpedestrian bridgeclassic hotelcovered walkwaygrand old hotelrailroad tracksdowntown areacookiescorner roomvirginia techsouthern hospitalitycharlie
Reviewed March 4, 2014

As in past stays, the Hotel Roanoke surpasses itself in the staff being very friendly, polite, helpful and always making you feel at home. Although this hotel is a Double Tree it certainly could rank as a full Hilton property !! Keep up the amazing customer service !

1  Thank Mark G
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Mark G, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. We appreciate your return patronage and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed two nights for business at this lovely Historic Property which was built in 1882 and recently renovated in conjunction with Virginia Tech. The hotel is located in a park-like area near the interstate. The lobby and public areas are gorgeous, with wood paneling, marble, crystal, period reproduction furniture, and a large fireplace. My room was large and inviting with three windows, two queen beds, a night table, two easy chairs with table between, a large desk, a chest with TV on top, and another small chest which housed the coffee service. The room decor, as in the public areas, was period reproduction with marble tops and a several beautiful lamps. The bathroom was also spacious and updated, with a charming marble-topped vanity, and even a lighted makeup mirror. My room was on the Hilton Honors Floor, which was the second floor, and the view was limited. I question why the Honors Floor is not a higher floor which would have provided a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains. The room and public areas were exceptionally clean. I had lunch in the gorgeous fine dining Regency Room. Service was excellent, as were the fried oyster salad, famous Spoon Bread (a somewhat mushy cornbread side dish) and Peanut Soup (like a creamy satay sauce without the spice). I also dined at the Pine Room Pub, which is an upscale bar with pine paneled walls, a fireplace, TV, and pool tables, featuring oversized sandwiches. The food and service were excellent as well. All employees were attentive and friendly. I highly recommend this property, although the $200+ night room charge is high for the Roanoke area.

1  Thank 107marciak

Dear 107marciak, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. We appreciate the recommendation as well as the comprehensive review. I hope if your travels bring you back to the Roanoke area, you will again choose us for your stay.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

A beautiful property, and certainly nearly deserves its No. 1 rating, I am sure, but there are a few issues that stopped me from giving it the 5-Star rating.

Number one issue: the parking situation. One either parks in a lot quite some distance from the main entrance, and it just doesn't feel safe to do that at night, or one has valet parking. The people who park your car for you also do duty as a sort of concierge service, and are bellhops, to boot. However, the fellows who parked my car knew almost nothing about the surrounding area, and could not tell me anything about where to go or how to get there. Secondly, in my case, the front desk called for the car when I was ready to go out, telling me that they would notify me when my car was brought around. I waited 15 minutes in the lobby, and no one came. Finally, I went outside and there was my vehicle, sitting unattended, and unlocked. I asked why no one had come to let me know the car was there, and I was told it wasn't the way they do things. Finally, when I checked out of the hotel, the car was called around again, and the parking staff did not offer to help me with my bags. I loaded the car myself with the staff of young men looking on! The whole parking/concierge/bellhop staff were amateurish and not a good first impression for guests.

In terms of housekeeping, I must say that I was disappointed that the coffee was not replaced on the second day. I had to go search of the housekeeper to get the coffee, as she did not come when the front desk staff called her.

Finally, some of the front desk staff are not dressed very professionally; much too casually for a place like the Hotel Roanoke.

On the positive side, the property, as mentioned, is gorgeous and historic. The wood-paneled bar is fantastic, with great service and a really good burger.

As a Hilton Honors member, I look for properties that fall within the Hilton family, so I would stay here again if the price were right.

2  Thank Jamestown1619

Dear Jamestown1619, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I am sharing your review with our staff so that we may better our operations and improve our service. It is not acceptable and we apologize for the inconvenience experience. We will better our operations and hope that we will be able to serve you again.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed here on business for one night.
Room was comfortable but the bathroom was old style.
Nothing wrong with the hotel it just isn't my style.
Very comfortable rooms and friendly staff.
I did not eat in the hotel, so cannot comment on the food.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear R5GJM, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I hope if your travels return you to the Valley, that you will again choose us for your stay.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Beautiful hotel; very nice experience. Wished I had more time to spend at this hotel. I needed a hotel close to Roanoke Memorial Hospital, and chose Hotel Roanoke. Loved being there what little time I had at the hotel. I hope to return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Eleanor M

Dear Eleanor M, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. We hope you have an opportunity to come back and visit again soon too! We look forward to serving you.