2,753 results
All reviewspine roomregency roomthe executive loungevalet parkingbeautiful historic hotelself parkpedestrian bridgeclassic hotelcovered walkwaygrand old hotelrailroad tracksdowntown areacookiescorner roomvirginia techsouthern hospitalitycharlie
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Enjoyed our stay in loevly heritage hotel. Excellent dinner in house. we visited Roanoke to visit the O.Winston Link Museum which was excellent - took the "Train Lovers' Package" Very noisy air conditioning resulted in poor sleep

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Jeremy B, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I apologize for the inconvenience experienced with the air conditioning unit. We are in the business of a good night's sleep away from home and didn't meet expectations upon your stay. I do hope we will have another chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Magnificent decor and location. I had trepidations on the comfort of the room and ability to sleep since I typically like new and modern hotels. The bedding was better than my own home and I slept like a tired baby. Customer service was outstanding. Breakfast was a little pricey, but quality was well above average. Lunch buffet was above average, but could have used more variety for the $$.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark K

Dear Mark K, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I am glad to read that we met expectations and hope you will give us another chance to serve you again if your travels bring you back to the Valley. I will be sharing your review with our staff.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This hotel is beautiful. It is nicely decorated and very comfortable. Our room was a great size and accommodated our needs. It was nice to have a large closet. The staff also provided champagne flutes for our own champagne. I would recommend a nights stay here. The breakfast buffet was delicious, but the dining staff was a tad unprofessional.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bethany B

Dear Bethany B, thank you for your review and for choosing the hotel for your accommodations. I appreciate you spending your Valentine's Day with us, and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience experienced during breakfast, I will be sure to share your review with our staff and ensure corrective measures are put into place.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

i was somewhat disapointed in the quality of your rooms. the service was great, the common areas were great. However i was extremely disappointed in the parking situation as i feel this should have been covered in the price of the room already. I was also disappointed in the rooms themselves. for being advertised as such a nice place and the price of the room i expected a little more. there was only one chair at the desk yet two people in the room force you to lay in bed to sit down. the bed was not of quality and the room lacked a refrigerator. also there was no complimentary breakfast that i found so i could at least get a cup of coffee. for the amount of money i paid for a room i was extremely disappointed. even a holiday inn express has these simple things and i feel this will be the last time i spend the extra money for your hotel or one like it. if you have questions please feel free to contact me: raymondwert@me.com 772.678.1050 you do not have permission to post this publicly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a recent conference. Though an older property, the rooms were comfortable, clean and spacious. Above all, however, the staff was very polite, helpful and a pleasure to work with. I don't get to Roanoke often, but if I go back I would have no reservation about staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear AtlantaGATrvlr, thank you for your review and for your recommendation. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to serving you again.