WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
jtgonzo
“A comfortable getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I drove up for a 1-night getaway. We hadn't stayed here before, but the location, right by Market Square, looked convenient, and it was. It's just a few minute walk to downtown. This is an historic hotel, and the public spaces are impressive. The rooms are more modern and feel like a typical Doubletree or similar class hotel. The room itself was a bit small, but clean and comfortable. The only issue we had was that the shower in the morning was barely lukewarm. But when I mentioned it at the desk when checking out they apologized and asked what I thought would be a reasonable discount. That was completely satisfactory to me, and I would definitely stay again if visiting downtown Roanoke.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jtgonzo
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear jtgonzo, thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. I apologize for the inconvenience experience and am glad to see resolution was made. Thank you for sharing this with us and we will be sure to review this with our staff. I hope if your travels bring you back to Roanoke that you will again choose us for your accommodations.

Gary Walton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Hotel Roanoke is a beautiful hotel. I have stayed for pleasure and conferences. Every year we keep going back because of people like Elvis and Lisa. They are kind and professional. They make my experience at the hotel most pleasurable and it would not be the same without them. I'd recommend this hotel a million times over!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Emily W, thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. We appreciate the recommendation and I will be sure to pass along the kind words to the team. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Petersburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

My team just hosted the most fantastic conference here! Kudos to Elvis and everyone else who made our event a sweet success. I can't say enough about the hospitality and professionalism displayed by each and every member of the banquet, conference, and front desk staff. I WILL return on my next visit to the star city!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Naj T, thank you for your review and for hosting a conference at the hotel. It is always wonderful to read that the event and stay was a success and we look forward to your return to the Star City.

Keswick, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

A planning conference brought me back to Roanoke. For the first time my room was on the 6th floor in a many creased-ceiling room that reminded me of my grandmother's attic. I loved the atmosphere and privacy. The staff could not have been more accommodating with my several food allergies, making feel very much at home while away. Only gripe was that the bed was a tad soft for my taste.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear paisleigharies, thank you for your review and for your return patronage. I am thrilled to read your review and will be sharing it with our staff. I look forward to your return and to serving you again.

Richmond, Va, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

There are many hotels which are just someplace to place your head at night. Hotel Roanoke always has been far more. It is a destination within itself and it is an institution. It manifests charm, hospitality and the elegance of another time. It is associated with warm memories and capable of creating new ones.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Fred A, thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. It was wonderful to read your review and I will be sharing your kind words with our staff. I hope if your travels bring you back to the Roanoke Valley, that you will again choose us for your accommodations.

roanoke, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Awesome... The romance package and room service was excellent... cheese platter, champagne & strawberries were wonderful, to the breakfast buffet on Sunday at the Regency in the hotel... the room was awesome the patio to our room was great ! .... the room was spacious.... we also had a couples massage and Ashley & Rick were the best..... The Stay was so Great cant wait to go back ....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Sharon W, thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. It is wonderful that you came to stay with us on a package and utilized the amenities of Spa Services. I am glad to read that your stay was excellent! We look forward to your return.

Southern PInes, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Roanoke for the first time and loved it. This historic hotel is beautiful and I was given a large room with a great view that provided a quiet and comfortable night. The proximity to downtown locations is great. Relaxing in the hotel was absolutely wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to get away and stay in a beauriful setting.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Linda E, thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. It is wonderful to have you stay with us and we appreciate the kind words. We hope if your travels bring you back to the area, that you will again choose to stay with us!