“Great Hotel for the Price”

The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Best stay at Doubletree so far!!! My husband and I spent the night in Roanoke on business and picked the hotel for its proximity to the city. What a surprise, the hotel, the service & we were upgraded to a two room suite. We couldn't have picked a better hotel! Oh, an hot cookies on a arrival, what a treat!!

Room Tip: Maybe on the back of the hotel, there is a train station in front, but it really didn't matter t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear cateringlady, thank you for your review of the hotel and for choosing us for your accommodations. We are honored to be your best DoubleTree stay and hope that you will continue seeking out DoubleTree properties in the future. We strive daily to present the absolute best in product, service and experience and it's wonderful to see that executed. I hope if your travels bring you back to Roanoke, you will again choose us for your accommodations.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

While in Roanoke on business we stayed in the Hotel Roanoke. While not our first stay, it was definitely our best. We booked a king executive room and were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a two-room suite due to our Diamond status with Hilton. The suite was very big and quite lovely. The hotel has a wonderful southern charm. The staff is attentive and very friendly. We love staying here.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Melanie H, thank you for your review of the hotel and for choosing us for your accommodations. It is an honor to have you as a continued guest and it's wonderful to read that we've exceeded previous stays. We hope you will be back soon again to visit! We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Hotel Roanoke has charm and impeccable service. We were warmly greeted and our car parked. They have plenty of staff on duty to meet guests needs. They were at capacity due to 2 weddings and a ball game but treated us like we were their only guests.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the fountain.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Katherine B, thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. We strive daily to present the absolute best in product, service and experience and it's wonderful to see it played out perfectly. We value each and every guest and visitor to the hotel equally and it's wonderful to read your review. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

On long road trips we stay as often as possible at Hotel Roanoke. The hotel is impressive from a distance, with old-fashioned luxury at a reasonable rate. In addition to the two hotel restaurants, the nearby Market Square offers many dining options.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Dan W, thank you for your review of the hotel and for choosing us for your accommodations. We appreciate your continued patronage and hope to serve you again soon!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Much has been written...don't know that I've too much to add that's unique, but here goes- on first glance beautiful old hotel that's carefully and lovingly been updated. Look carefully enough and you'll see some wear and tear. Staff was friendly and outgoing from first greeting until last goodbye. Parking no big deal- would have liked a bit more of an explanation as to what self parking entailed- get ticket but you won't need to pay each time you leave as I initially thought and was initially a bit reluctant to leave as a result. The walkway to downtown is very convenient, but the restaurant we wanted to go to wasn't really walking distance. We upgraded to King Executive room-very reasonable charge for the upgrade. Nice view of Star and City. Room, especially the bed was comfortable. Great shower pressure! Didn't go to the Executive Lounge at night but did in the morning. Nothing to special- too be fair it was at the last minute and they were cleaning up. My wife was in earlier- they apparently were having some issues with the coffee machine- kind of a bummer as it was my main reason for going. A few nice rockers on the front porch-very welcoming. Unfortunately they were used primarily by the smokers who can't smoke inside the hotel. When we inquired about any other outside sitting areas, the employee escorted us to the other area which was appreciated-no rockers but a fire pit sort of thing which would be a nice place to enjoy when lit. So, all in all very lovely hotel the interior and exterior- room itself nothing really special. Tv's sound was out of synch and the phone not functioning. Beautiful landscaping- sculpture though not my taste was by noted artist- next day in Charlotte, NC saw large sculpture by same artist (forgot the name) in front of Museum- constant stream of people taking pictures of it. Post visit comment...Fairly certain I lost my wedding ring at the hotel. Clearly my fault. However, when I realized it (admittedly a bit after 5:00 on Friday) I called the hotel and was transferred to the security office. Was directed to leave a message-which didn't indicate the office was closed. Never got a call back. I waited to Monday afternoon and was directed to Lost and Found. The individual was polite, indicated it was not turned in, but would check room if it was not being used and would check with housekeeping. Shortly thereafter she did call to say the room was not being used, but they did not locate the ring. A rather long explanation on my part to say I was disappointed there was no immediate response to my call as that perhaps would have helped me get out of the "doghouse."

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear RoaminInItaly, thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. My apology for the delay in a call back. That is unacceptable by our standards especially given the situation. I have shared your review with our staff and have everyone on alert to find your item. I do hope if your travels bring you back to the area that you will again choose us for your accommodations.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I always look forward to an annual visit to what we consider to be one of the BEST hotels in the USA! Great service, excellent accommodations, a wonderful breakfast buffet, and a location that is both scenic and easy to access from the interstate. We'll be back...for sure!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. We appreciate your continued patronage and are honored to not only serve you, but be considered one of the best hotels in the USA! We look forward to many more years service and can't wait for your return.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Overall, my stay was great. The staff was very nice and the room was comfortable. I was there for a wedding and everyone was very helpful. The hotel is also conveniently located to downtown. My only complaint was that my bathroom was not very clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear AMF78, thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay, but am concerned about your bathroom. I apologize for the inconvenience and will be sure that this is addressed immediately with our team. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Star City that you will again choose us for your accommodations.