The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton
Hampton.com
$87
$93
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $97/night.

$119
$101
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $117/night.

$93
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $111/night.

$139
$90
HIExpress.com
Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$100
$104
$88
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $105/night.

2,674 results
All reviewspine roomregency roomthe executive loungevalet parkingbeautiful historic hotelself parkclassic hotelcovered walkwaypedestrian bridgegrand old hotelrailroad tracksdowntown areacookiescorner roomvirginia techcharliebrunch
Reviewed May 27, 2013

An excellent choice for the price range, easily exceeds all expectations. This has become one of our favorite stops in the South due in large part to the excellent experiences we have had in this Hotel. The rooms are always clean, the suites are spacious, and the restaurant is excellent. Truly one of the best hotels in the Hilton chain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The Hotel Roanoke was built over 100 years ago and has undergone several major renovations. It sits at the south end of downtown Roanoke, Virginia, right next to what used to be the Norfolk and Western train passenger station which is now a small museum. There is a walking bridge from the Hotel to downtown Roanoke proper, which includes an open air market, many restaurants, several museums and boutique shops.

The Hotel itself was built on a relatively grand scale with many public rooms and ample meeting rooms for conventions and weddings. It hosts the yearly Miss Virginia contest, a preliminary to the Miss America contest. Therefore, there are times when it may be crowded with guests attending one or more of these functions. Although on the much smaller scale, the hotel has the ambience one feels when visiting the Greenbrier or the Homestead.

Because of its age, the hotel rooms are somewhat small, but very well appointed. The bathrooms have been upgraded with plenty of counter space and excellent water pressure. Each room contains both wired and wireless Internet connections (without extra charge). There are plenty of electrical outlets, and a flat screen TV. A bathrobe, iron and ironing board and coffee maker are also present. There is no refrigerator, microwave or mini bar.

I found the room rates to be surprisingly low, however there are two things to be aware of. The first is the parking situation. Self-service parking costs $7 per 24 hours. There is a large lot, but it is a long way from the entrance to the Hotel and down about 75 feet. Valet parking is available for $12 per 24 hours, but will cost you more since attendants expect a tip every time they deliver your car to you.

The second issue is the restaurant. The Hotel Roanoke has a very nice-looking formal restaurant. The food is fair, at very high prices. The peanut soup and spoon bread are worth the money. There is also free coffee in the morning. Otherwise, I would recommend eating somewhere else. Room service was exorbitantly priced to begin with, carried a 20% surcharge and an additional tip was expected.

All in all, I give this hotel a solid Four Star rating.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JimWeissman
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear JimWeissman, thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. I appreciate the four star rating and am glad you enjoyed your stay. I will share your review with our staff and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The common areas of this property are beautiful and very rich in history. One actually feels like you have stepped back to 1882. The restaurant is a bit pricey but very good, as is the Pine Pub. Spa services are overpriced. My infatuation ended when I tried to settle into my room. I am a Hilton diamond member, and Hilton has been very good to me. First, my room was down one floor, although it is ground level, it felt like the basement. No upgrade, no robe, no working coffee pot, and a tub that would not hold water, the clock was one hour ahead, which had me up at 3:00 in the AM, instead of my desired 4:00 that I intended. One of those goofy clocks that an engineer has to fix (can set the alarm, but not the time without a key). The room was very small and the bed did not seem Hilton quality, as someone else mentioned. I also agree that the food in the "Executive Lounge" was very very sparse, and did not open until 6:30 for coffee. No place to get a cup of coffee before 6:30 as a matter of fact. I am glad I booked there, the staff was quick to fix my room problems, yet never offered to move me (I was there all week), nor did they offer to comp me a drink in the bar or anything....

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, or to at least see your room first. Make sure everything is working in the room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank daisy20071960

Dear daisy20071960, thank you for your review of the hotel and for choosing us for your accommodations. We will take your review and recommendations to our team to put corrective measures in place. As a guest, we value your business, experience and opinions and will work to make it better for the next potential visit. I hope you will choose us again for a future stay in the Valley.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a great hotel with an interesting history. Because it is old, the rooms are small, but very well appointed. Staff were friendly, and all needs were met. Best part was the location - right next to the market square with tons of restaurants. Self-parking $7, valet $12.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear NicoleS0907, thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. I hope if you have the opportunity to come back to the area you will once again choose us for your accommodations.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My mom and I stayed at the Hotel Roanoke for a small one night getaway in April. We had a fantastic time overall. Downtown Roanoke has great restaurants and shops in walking distance from this hotel that make for a great stay.

The hotel is grand, interesting and beautiful--so much more fun than staying at a run-of-the-mill property. We spend lots of time exploring, and I feel like I took over 50 pictures as we walked throughout the hotel. There was a wedding going on which looked absolutely beautiful.

Our two double-bed room wasn't ready when we arrived (we got their hours early) but they offered to put us in a king room which was fine for us. The room was spotless, and decorated well just like the rest of the hotel. Bathroom was super clean with great products. Bedding was very comfortable.

We had both a late-night dessert and breakfast in the grand ballroom. Both were fabulous and had the customer service is top-notch.

I'd highly recommend this hotel for any type of travel. You won't find any better in Roanoke. And if you are looking for great spot for dinner, you CAN'T miss Table 50 Roanoke, which is within walking distance. Also amazing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Melanie L, thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. What a wonderful review to read and I am so glad you choose us as the setting for your experience. Its also great that you took some photos as well! I hope you have the opportunity to come back again soon and have another mother-daughter experience.