$82
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

$125
Hampton.com
$72
Country Inn
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $90/night.

$119
$101
GardenInn.com
$105
$84
$109
$101
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

$129
2,735 results
All reviewspine roomregency roomthe executive loungevalet parkingbeautiful historic hotelself parkpedestrian bridgeclassic hotelcovered walkwaygrand old hotelrailroad tracksdowntown areacookiescorner roomvirginia techsouthern hospitalitycharlie
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We spent three nights here and had a fantastic time. It's location close to the city center allowed for easy access to a vibrant scene. Downtown has some great restaurants and music venues.

Sure the hotel has some "minor" issues, but these are custom for historic properties of this calibre. We were pleasantly surprised by the room rates for a four diamond hotel. True the hotel was stressed by a massive influx of guests due to a recent severe storm, but that happens even to the best Ritz. The staff, from valet to front desk, to the bar and restaurant handled themselves with great poise and kept an upbeat attitude. This is definitely a hidden gem for couples to do a nice weekend get away without breaking the bank.

Room Tip: Ask for 6th or 7th floor AWAY from the elevator for the quitest rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear Pizan55, thank you for your review and the kind words. We are thrilled you stayed for three nights and had a chance to experience all the great things happening in the Valley and in Downtown Roanoke. I hope that when you visit again you will choose us for your accommodations! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I'm a local and had to stay here for a few nights as a result of our power going down from a big storm in the area, but it's not my first stay. We stayed here once before (our wedding night about 5 years ago) and frankly my opinion of the place has not changed. Although I'm sure Hotel Roanoke has lovely uber-expensive rooms, their standard King rooms are nothing to write home about. Don't get me wrong, they're decent, but as my headline suggests, they just don't live up to the price or reputation. Nice, clean room with a comfortable bed, but nothing spectacular.

The other thing I absolutely cannot stand about Hotel Roanoke is that they nickel-and-dime you for EVERYTHING. Parking? Extra. Breakfast? Extra. Need a mini fridge? Oh that'll be another $10 a night please. You want true high-speed internet? Fork over another $9.95 a day. Need a hair dryer? Well I hoped you packed one cause they don't have 'em! It is absolutey ABSURD!! Run-down motels offer these basic ammenities for free so why can't the prestigious Hotel Roanoke do the same? Speaking of run-down motels--our shower had black mildew growing in the grout lines of the tile. Seriously, Hotel Roanoke?!? By far the biggest scam going in the city. Wish I had the opportunity to try out one of their luxury rooms and could afford their breakfast, but if you're looking for just a decent place to crash, stay elsewhere and save yourself some money.

I really hoped that this unexpected stay was going to be better than our first (particularly given the circumstances), but unfortunately that wasn't the case. This Roanoke resident won't be back any time soon and I plan to revoke my recommendation to stay here when family comes in from out-of-town to visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HonestReviewer_in_VA
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have never paid so much for a hotel room in my life and recieved crappy service. On Friday, our shower head was leaking and our tv remote was not working. So I went down stairs at about 6pm and they said they would send someone up...Never did! So I had to go down the next morning (Saturday) to get it taken care of. They sent Robert the matience guy up he fixed the shower head then replaced the batteries in the remote....The remote still didnt work. So I had to call again and the remote got replaced. So once the remote was working the TV channels were pixelating...So I had to call again to get it fixed. Then I called for towels and washclothes because we were out. An hour later the cleaning lady knocked on the door and mind you we had the "DO NOT DISTURBE SIGN OUT" and I had to argue with her for 10 mins that we didnt need the room cleaned. So I went down stairs and spoke to the manager on duty (who was a resturant manager)Emily and I explained to her what was going on and she said my family can come down today or in the am to get food on her......Well still never recieved washclothes or towels....My husband said it took 3 hrs to get towels and they forgot the wash clothes. So I had to walk down stairs to get washclothes...Then my husband told me to go downstairs to double check about the dinner for free....Well I spoke to Joseph about this and Emily didnt tell him crap. So he told me he was going to call me and let me know what was going on. About 15 mins later he said that they were going to charge me 119 a nite from the 159. So I said ok. (this was all on Saturday). The next morning (sunday) I saw the bill in the door and only 1 night was 119 so I had to go back down stairs and spoke to susanne and she corrected it. I am sorry but I could have stayed at a MOTEL 8 and delt with all the BS I delt with here for a cheaper price. I know it was Miss VA week at the hotel but that is no excuse for the BAD service my family and I recieved while staying here. This is suppose to be a "high class" hotel. No its not. The manager Steve called me and left a voicemail. So I called him back went straight to voicemail. Hopefully he calls back. I doubt when I come back next year or if we do that I will stay at this hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank michelle b
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear Michelle, I am glad we had the opportunity to speak and discuss the issues presented. We will be reviewing your posting with our staff to ensure these issues are addressed immediately.

Steve Crawford

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Wife and I stayed here for a business/pleasure trip. We found the valet pushy and rude while we tried to unload our luggage, maybe because we like to do it ourselves and just do not prefer valet parking. Upon checking in we were given a room that we did not request ( a smaller room). My wife went down and asked the front desk to correct while I waited upstairs with all the luggage (for 20 mins). I must say at this point I was not happy. But my wife came back with the correct room and a apology from the front desk. The room was excellent, clean with nice furnishing. I am a big bed critic and the bed was very comfortable so comfortable we both over slept the next morning. We had dinner at the Pine Room and it was good the potatoe cakes were really good.
I think it is fair to mention that there was a power outage in Roanoke and a lot of locals checked in after us to find relief from the 100deg temps and could be the reason we experienced the wrong room and valet agitation. The only other complaint is the self park is a little walk from the hotel but that can be avoided by valet which is only 12 dollars. We have return trips to Roanoke and may stay here again. The hotel is beautifully decorated and I would recommend to friends and family if they are visiting Roanoke.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear RHSBMF, thank you for your review of the hotel. I am glad to read that you experience was straightened out in a timely manner after the inconveniences experience upon arriving. We will address your review with our staff to ensure corrective measures are put into place. I do hope that when you're visiting the area again you will choose our historic property for your accommodations.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Staid for one night as a stopover; really wasn't expecting much, but pleasantly surprised. Check in and valet were efficient, all staff very pleasant, nice room, room service was promt even as we arrived fairly late. We had breakfast there, and it was good as well.

Value for price is very good as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear AandTMD, thank you for your review. I am glad we exceeded expectations and hope you will continue to seek the Hilton family of brands. Thank you for choosing us and I hope if you're in the area again in the future, you will choose us for your accommodations.