The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton
$103
$139
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge Civic Center(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$56
Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$93
$84
Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$80
ComfortInn
Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$88
$116
$81
Travelocity
$129
TripAdvisor
2,635 results
All reviewspine roomregency roomvalet parkingthe executive loungebeautiful historic hotelself parkclassic hotelcovered walkwaypedestrian bridgegrand old hotelrailroad tracksdowntown areacookiescorner roomvirginia techcharliebrunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Enjoyed a recent stay at the Hotel Roanoke. It is a beautiful old property owned by Virginia Tec and run by Doubletree. Honestly, I think at these prices they could spare more than one towel per person- something I didn't notice until I needed it and a bathrobe would have been nice but otherwise the hotel is really lovely and very convenient to downtown Roanoke. Dinner in the hotel dining room was average but breakfast was good. The young lady who checked us in could use some training and a smile might have been nice. The HVAC system is loud enough to wake you up when it comes on. All in all, however, I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear Mannshowmom, thank you for your review of the property. I appreciate the feedback given and will address this with our staff and put corrective measures in place immediately. The issues experienced are not acceptable by our standards and I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Rooms were spacious and clean. Service was friendly. Location was superb across the rail yard from the downtown which was accessible through a covered pedway. Lovely "old feel" hotel which has been recreated in the tradition of grand old railway hotels. Conference centre was excellent and very well-appointed. Breaks included unique foods and treats such as mini hot dogs, peanut brittle, sweetened bacon bits and various creative refreshments. The lobby was elegant. Rocking chairs on the front verandah made for an old home feel. A great hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Hurls55, thank you for your review and feedback of the hotel. Your comments about your stay at our historic property made me smile and exemplify the kind of stay we strive to present to all guests. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable. We hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

For all the hype it just isn't that special. Nice enough and clean. But very overpriced. It's historic and all but nothing special.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The hotel is very pretty. The rooms are small, but this is a historic hotel, so not a problem. I liked the room decorations; they were slightly retro and that was very nice. I thought the front desk staff was gruff and snippy; lots of room for improvement there; no Southern hospitality at all. I would have liked to have more signs indicating where the conference rooms were. I asked two employees for directions and neither of them offered to walk me to my destination (I work with the public and walk people places; I find people appreciate this). I ordered room service and it took over 45 minutes to arrive, instead of 30. The food is super greasy; I ordered the mediterranean wrap and it was really swimming in oil and fat. The $10 charge for wifi is tacky and absurd, and in the future, it will be a deal breaker; I will favor hotels that offer free wifi.

3  Thank Ala R

Dear Ala R, thank you for your review and the feedback given. I apologize for the inconvenience experienced during your stay and want to assure you that your experience is not up to our standards of service. We strive daily to provide the absolute best service and product to our guests and did not meet our expectations. I will share your review with our staff and immediately address the issues experienced during your stay. Starting July 1, 2012 the property will be offering complimentary Internet access in all guest rooms. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you when visiting the Valley.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We went here for an event and it was very convenient since the conference rooms were close by. The location was great for exploring downtown. The charges for internet and parking seemed excessive.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear cicirobin, thank you for your comments and feedback. I hope you enjoyed your time here in Roanoke and were able to experience all the great things happening in downtown Roanoke. I hope you have the opportunity to come back and visit again soon.