2,806 results
All reviews pine room regency room valet parking the executive lounge beautiful historic hotel self park pedestrian bridge classic hotel covered walkway peanut soup grand old hotel railroad tracks downtown area cookies corner room virginia tech southern hospitality
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed a night in one of the suites and was very satisfied. Big room, fireplace, and nice bed. Very nice place.

Date of stay: May 2011
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear Scott S, thank you for your review and for the kind words. I hope that if you ever make it back to the area again you will choose us again for your accommodations.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Really enjoyed staying here. I was there the end of March right when spring had bloomed. Loved that I could walk right to good restaurants downtown and even hit the farmers market Sat morning. I didn't care for the breakfast buffet, too expensive for breakfast, but then again I am not a breakfast fan.

Room tip: Go to the restaurants downtown. Lots of good ones to chose from.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Gary_Walton_GM, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear crispell, thank you for your review of the hotel. Spring is a beautiful season here in the Roanoke Valley and I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay and experience the season. I hope you have an opportunity to visit again and experience all the wonderful seasons here in southwest Virginia. Fall is also a delightful time in the mountains.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We had a wonderful two nights at this historic railway hotel. Casual atmosphere in truly elegant surroundings. Staff is friendly and attentive, service is great, and the historic market area is just over the walkway above the RR lines. If you are a RR buff like my husband, the trains and nearby railway museums are an added benefit. A reasonably modest room rate makes this an experience not to be missed by those of us who generally resort to the chain hotels.

Date of stay: April 2012

Dear howlingbluewolf, thank you for your review of the hotel. We are proud of our railroad heritage and invite you and your husband to check out our Roanoke rail cam that's on the bridge of the hotel that looks out over the Norfolk and Southern tracks. We also have great packages that celebrate the rails and the museum all within walking distance of the hotel. I hope you can make it back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel in the heart of downtown Roanoke. Everything was wonderful and the staff was great! They gave us a room with the perfect view of the Mill Mountain star and downtown. We did the bed and breakfast special and enjoyed the buffet in the dining room. It was a wonderful short trip to celebrate our Anniversary.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Happy Anniversary and thank you for your review of the hotel! I am delighted you were able to spend your anniversary with us and the Bed and Breakfast package is a perfect way to celebrate. We wish you many more years of happiness and hope you can spend additional anniversaries with us in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I was here for a conference and found the hotel very nice. The staff was great and the conference facilities were good. It is an interesting hotel with a bit of history. I typically like newer facilities but for a multi-day conference this was a good place to stay.