The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$139
Residence Inn
$119
$85
Country Inn
$112
Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$89
$79
$90
HIExpress.com
Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$93
$116
Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$81
Travelocity
$115
Hyatt.com
2,639 results
All reviewspine roomregency roomvalet parkingthe executive loungebeautiful historic hotelself parkclassic hotelcovered walkwaypedestrian bridgegrand old hotelrailroad tracksdowntown areacookiescorner roomvirginia techcharliebrunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Attended a business conference here. Rooms are very nice. Hotel grounds are well kept. Meeting rooms were spaciious and the food was above average for a conference type hotel. Hotel is convenient to downtown area of Roanoke. Just a short walk across the bridge gives you access to a number of shops, restaurants and entertainment.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
GaryWalton, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Dear cats12, thank you for your review of The Hotel Roanoke. We hope you find your way back to Roanoke soon and discover all the wonderful things there were to do in the area. Safe Travels!

Reviewed July 29, 2011

The room itself was great, no issue with the room, however the problem came with everything else. I stayed here while I was taking the bar exam and it was nice to have a comfortable room. HOWEVER, everything thing else was not so great. For example, there in room service menu had literally one or two veggie items on it and it was from the Kids Menu (a grilled cheese and something else). Since I could not eat the meat off the menu, I had little choice but to eat this and was prolly charged extra because I was an adult eating off the kids menu.

Additionally, the hotel literally charges you for everything. All my other friends had free parking at their hotels (in fact, a couple of my friends stayed at another hotel and their hotel was kind enough to shuttle them to the Civic Center for the exam). Also, when I first checked in, the individual at the counter told me that they would have breakfast set-up for the individuals taking the bar, implying that it was all free. When I got down to the lobby in the AM, I saw a lady with a cash register ringing people up, nice job! I literally thought that if I sneezed, I was going to get a bill for it.

Overall, the room is nice (but I am sure that other hotels offer nice rooms as well but without charging for everything) but that is about it. The other advantage is that if you are taking the Bar it is right next to the Civic Center, but I cant say much more about the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank wahaj23
GaryWalton, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Dear wahaj23, thank you for your review of The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center. We strive daily to deliver a high-level quality of service and convenience for our guests and clearly didn't maintain this standard during your visit. While we do have shuttle service daily running throughout the Valley and to the Civic Center and are working on a more vegetarian based in-room menu, we didn't communicate this very well and have brought this to the attention to all involved in the operations. I assure you, upon your next visit, you will see a great deal of improvement. Best wishes on your Bar Exam results and your future and thank you for staying with us.

Gary Walton, General Manager

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great historical hotel with excellent service. If you are staying here, get the breakfast.

Positives:
- Staff
- Large room
- History and architecture
- Location
- Breakfast

Negatives:
- Parking (I was not aware that they charged for parking)...in Roanoke, VA???
- Distance and accessibility from self parking to hotel (hard to lug luggage up the stairs from parking)

Overall. I'll stay here again and enjoy the historical hotel with great food.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Dear klim1, thank you for your review of The Hotel Roanoke. We're glad you experienced our breakfast buffet. It is award-winning in the Valley and features great selections from our Chef. We do offer drop off at our front door and our bellman are more than willing to help you out the next time you visit. Safe Travels,

Reviewed July 25, 2011

I just returned from a trip through Roanoke, Va and loved this hotel so much that I came home and have already planned a girl's weekend and a couples getaway here this Fall. What a beautiful, old world-style hotel with the conveniences of a modern boutique hotel. This hotel is epic and its decor makes you feel like you are on the Titanic...chandeliers, fireplaces, and antiques surround you. The hotel built in the 1800's is close to a skywalk downtown to the restaurant/shopping area of Roanoke. It is the perfect size downtown...just enough restaurants and shopping yet not so big that you don't feel comfortable walking around at night. Don't miss Thelma's Chicken n Waffles, the Texas Tavern, and Metro.

Room Tip: Ask about the Governor's Suite
Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
GaryWalton, General Manager at The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Dear Cayoncristy, thank you for your review of The Hotel Roanoke. What a fantastic review to read, we look forward to your returns! Next time you come, check out The Regency Room when you're here. We offer some of the finest dining in the Valley. We can't wait for you to come back! Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay extra special. Safe Travels.

Gary Walton

Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed here one night in June during a road trip to DC. The hotel dates from the 1890's or so, and is a grand, Southern style hotel on the edge of downtown Roanoke. The lobby and public areas were beautiful, and the rooms were very clean and very nicely decorated. The bathroom was very nice - big granite countertop in the bathroom, with plenty of space for your stuff, and plenty of light - thank goodness, as many hotels seem to skimp in those categories! The hotel is walking distance from downtown Roanoke and a nice little restaurant/shopping district. The hotel is also very close to the train museum, which was huge draw for my three boys. Train buffs will think they are in heaven at this hotel. After spending the previous 5 nights in a nice but very standard issue DC hotel, the historic charm of this hotel was a treat. The downsides were (i) the walls were thin, so there was noise from the hallway; (ii) we were awakened early in the morning, after a late arrival the night before, by a maid delivering extra towels, mistakenly thinking we had called down for them; and (iii) later, a maid entering the room to clean while I was in the middle of getting ready, even though were were due to check out that morning. Other than that, the staff was friendly and accommodating, and my kids were thrilled with the delicious chocolate chip cookies upon check-in. This hotel has a lot of character and we will stay here again if our travels ever take us back to Roanoke.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Dear JAKC5, thank you for your review of The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center. I am glad you experienced the historic nature of our wonderful city. Also, I apologize for the lapse in maid service, we are looking into the situation and discussing with our team. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you make it back to Roanoke soon. Safe travels.