“Entrance fee required”

Carvins Cove Natural Reserve
Ranked #13 of 70 things to do in Roanoke
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I was surprised to drive in and find that all (16 and up) who wanted to set foot on the property had to pay a "user fee." There were boats available for rent as well as a boat ramp, a walking trail and pavilion, but we didn't think it was worth the fee since we only wanted a place to have a picnic.

5  Thank K Y

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This a small reservoir for the city of Roanoke and surroundig areas. There are two ways to get into the reserve one is off of Rt 11 just north of Roanoke. The other way is through Bennett Springs off Rt 311. The big attraction for me was miles of mountain bike trails that range from beginners to expert. every time I ride I see bear, deer, turkey, and some things I'm not sure I want to know. Make sure you bring water and basic maintenance equipment in case you pop a chain it is a long walk out

2  Thank a1scuba
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We have done mountain biking and biking at Carvin's Cove. It is a beautiful place so close to Roanoke city. An easy "getaway" that gives the feeling of the wild outdoors. It can get crowded on weekends, especially if the weather is good.

2  Thank travelmansam