“Good priced Asian food”

Teriyaki Grill
Cuisines: Asian
“Good priced Asian food”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We liked that we could go here on our way to church on Wednesday night, get in and get hot food. We really liked the shrimp dishes and the servers are really attentive.

If you're looking for inexpensive (and good) Asian food, this is a place to consider!

Visited November 2013

Roanoke, Virginia
“A bit out of the way, but worth a try”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Situated in a small strip mall, perpendicular to Electric Road, it is easy to be unaware that the Teriyaki Grill House is there. As others have mentioned, the staff is friendly and attentive. The menu is good and a number of their offerings have pictures. Prices are quite reasonable. Had the Steak Plate: pieces of flank or skirt steak, over rice and steamed vegetables, with teriyaki sauce. The meal was quickly prepared and was served hot. I'm a meat eater but was satisfied with the amount of meat on the plate. Good balance. Was also offered a complimentary egg drop soup. At least one in the party had the salad bar and was pleased with it. Everyone at the table (five of us) was pleased and would return. We came at 11:30 and all tables were taken shortly after noon. Lots of takeout heading out the door, too.

• Visited May 2014
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“New experience”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Tried this restaurant for the first time today. I was expecting a crowd at 6:00 pm on a Friday, but to my surprise it was empty. I should have taken this as an omen. The staff was attentive and very helpful. We ordered at the counter and took a seat. The pricing was reasonable for what was received. First up were the pot stickers, which along with the sauce, were very good. The kitchen shorted us one, but quickly brought us two more. My entree was the steak bowl. It was ok, but lacked some flavor. Portions were good size. My wife had the pan fried udon noodles. She was expecting something different from what she received. Again, lacking in flavor. She did not finish hers, but I did mine. Overall, the meal was not memorable.

• Visited March 2014
“Healthy Option”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I tried Teriyaki Grill house for the first time today, and I was pretty impressed. The food was very good, and the salad bar was well managed. The woman working the register, and waitressing was very kind and made sure we had everything we needed. The only complaint I have is that the decor was a little juvenile.

• Visited December 2013
Salem, Virginia
“Fair and healthy”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I ate at Teriyaki grill with my wife a few months ago. I suppose they are trying to appeal to the people working out at Gold's Gym by offering a healthy approach to Japanese/Hibachi. The lady working at the register (may have been an owner) was very nice and helpful, but the food was slightly lacking to me. Both of us had the chicken, (white meat costs extra). It was good and had teriyaki sauce which i believe is home made. It was accompanied by rice and some plain steamed vegetables. I suppose this restaurant has it's niche clientele, and it is not bad by any means, but I have never been back.

Visited April 2013