“A first visit”

Ranked #101 of 488 Restaurants in Roanoke
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I took my sister-in-law for her first visit. Price is good. We enjoyed our meal. The only problem I had was the burger was so messy but delicious

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The menu features burgers, hot dogs, chicken, BBQ and a few other items. Most of the sandwiches and hot dogs can be topped with different ingredients or “styles.” So if you order something “Cook-Out Style,” it comes with chili, slaw, mustard and onions. The menu also includes a ridiculous selection of milkshakes - I think they serve something like 60 different flavor combinations. In authentic North Carolina fashion, they even serve Cheerwine!

If you are visiting a Cook-Out for the first time, I’d suggest getting the combo tray with a big double burger, hush puppies, coleslaw, and a peanut butter oreo milkshake. It’s probably about 7,000 calories but so good and so cheap.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I both got a combo meal with cheddar cheese hamburger, onion rings, slaw and a drink. All the food was very good but the portion size was very small except for the drink which was large. The hamburger was the size of a Mcdonalds burger, 4 onion rings and about 3 oz of slaw.
If you go don't go expecting to come away stuffed.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

As stated in a previous review, the line goes amazingly fast. The fries are the best I've ever tasted, which says a lot coming from a die-hard McDonald's fries fan. The burger was alright, though I thought they'd give a choice of pink or no pink doneness like Red Robin does. The shake was a problem, though. I ordered a banana berry shake, and there were huge chunks of banana on the bottom! It doesn't take mujch effort to blenderize that banana and make it into a shake! I know, I've done it! And they need to lower the ceiling level to lower the noise level.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Ate there on 2/2/13 around lunch time. The place was packed, 10 cars in the drive through and the line out the door. Even with being that busy, our party of two received our food in about 6 minutes. I ate the big double cheddar style (2.79 + .99) my wife ate the BBQ sandwich platter / slaw / onion rings (4.79). I enjoyed mine, she said hers was very good.
Would recommend and would go back.