“Great food and nice addition to the neighborhood!”
Review of 1906 Ale House - CLOSED

1906 Ale House
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food and nice addition to the neighborhood!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a great late dinner there on a Friday evening. Everything was wonderful. It's not a huge menu (which is nice) and our table agreed everything we ordered was amazing. Very impressed. The food is high quality and well worth the price.

1 Thank Verucak

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Great food, nice neighborhood place!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Was in Roanoke for a short visit and looking for a restaurant. What a GREAT find! Absolutely loved the Prime Rib sandwich and the staff was excellent. If I ever get back to Roanoke, I plan on visiting this restaurant again!

4 Thank Fass17
Boones Mill
“One of the Best Meals I Have Had in a Long Time”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The food at 1906 Ale House is some of the best I have had in a long time at a restaurant. My wife and I ordered the scallops wrapped in bacon, cheese ravioli with crab meat, scallops, and shrimp, and a prime rib sandwich. Everything we ordered was excellent. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and a wonderful staff. I will eat at 1906 Ale House again, very soon.

3 Thank Josh M
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great atmosphere, menu and service”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We ate dinner at the bar here while traveling through Roanoke. 1906 was easy to find with ample parking on the side/in the back for $2. I was a bit concerned when we walked in at 6:30 p.m. on a Tuesday night and the place was almost empty. Our concerns were quickly overcome with quick bar service and great guidance on the menu from the bartender. My husband enjoyed a nice beer flight sampling the "local" breweries which wasn't on the menu. We ordered the bison burger and smoked prime rib sandwich with horseradish on ciabatta. Both of them were excellent. I had the southwestern chicken, black bean and corn soup as my side and it was very good. My husband had the BBQ chips and wished he had ordered another side. They were over seasoned and not quite crunchy enough for him. Our service was very good. The place quickly filled up while we were there. We did not experience the noise issues some other posters have commented on but this was probably because it was an early Tuesday evening. Interior is beautiful!

3 Thank TwoNCTravelingFools
Greenville, South Carolina
“Yum”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Had dinner here with the family. The service was excellent. Had a great recommendation on a Wine by the glass to go with my Ribeye. The steak was dynamite and my son said the Ribs were
delicious. Would visit here again!

3 Thank kkclardy