“OK diner for food. Excellent ice cream”

Pop's Ice Cream & Soda Bar
Ranked #1 of 18 Dessert in Roanoke
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a veggie-only place, so if you are looking for a juicy burger, go elsewhere. Toasted cheese is about it. But my kids like it, so......... it does take me back to my childhood days of Grunnings in South Orange, NJ. We never ate food there - just went for the ice cream.

Homestead ice cream which is always excellent. Service is super - very nice people own and run it. At the fringe of Grandin Village on Memorial so some interesting people walk by.

1  Thank Marc H

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Pop's is a locally-owned treasure that dishes up locally produced Homestead Creamery ice cream in a kitschy '50s style diner setting. Great cones, sundaes, etc., but you can also find retro offerings like egg creams on the menu. I think the only entrees that they serve are variations on grilled cheese sandwiches, but I could be wrong about that.
They are closed on Mondays, and sometimes because they take the day off or go on vacation; check their Facebook page for up-to-the-minute info: https://www.facebook.com/popsicecream

3  Thank Jill N
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Wanted to get an ice-cream and wasn't sure where to go in Roanoke. Found the name of Pop's Ice Cream & Soda Bar and am so glad I did! I had a hot fudge ( it was really hot!) sundae and they offer salted nuts for a topping. having never had that before I decided to try it. Delicious! Can't wait to go again!

3  Thank Pat S
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My friends and I went here after dinner to have ice cream. My sundae was delicious, and everyone's ice cream looked so yummy. The place has the feel of a 1950s dinner; the service is swift, and it's a fun place to hang out and chat.

3  Thank chatto
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Pop's is one of my favorite places to go in Roanoke and where I take all out of town guests. Not only do they offer warm, yummy grilled cheeses and creamy ice cream, but the atmosphere is great. With a shelf full of board games to play at your table, it's a great place to bring the family!

4  Thank Margo G