“Eggplant Parmesan was Great”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Picaso's Italian Grill
Ranked #265 of 497 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was in Roanoke and business and really missed my own home cooking, which is normally Italian (of course!). I was hisitant to go to an Italian restaurant, because I am so easily disappointed because I spoil myself at home... but I braved it, and I was glad. The eggplant parmesan at Picaso's was really great! The waiter was very attentive and the location is superb.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I finally tried Picasso's in downtown Roanoke after driving past many times. It was OK, but certainly will not be on the destination dining list.

The veal parmgiana was decent, but nothing special. The veal was a little overcooked. The sauce had an almost bitter taste. The bread definitely did not meet the standards of a good Italian restaurant.

My wife had a shrimp pasta dish. The shrimps were good, but the pasta and sauce were very ordinary.

The waiter was pleasant and the prices are reasonable. It is worth a try if you are a local, but if you are visiting this is not a place for your short list.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stopped in after spending the day in downtown Roanoke. The service was just ok, waiter looked like he was bored with us. The pizza was ok, nothing to write home about!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The unassuming nature of the place is comforting and the food is wonderful. Favs are the breaded cheese for appetizer and any of the pasta dishes incl pizza! Very nice.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were on Campbell St, which seems to be the main street in small, downtown Roanoke and looking for something to eat and happened upon this place. The menu and the restaurant itself looked really good, so we gave it a try. The pizza is very inexpensive, but VERY tasty! It was piping hot, cheesy and yummy!

Definitely a GREAT pizza and something I would get again next time I'm in the area and in the mood for pizza!

The service was very blah. The guy who waited on us either didn't speak very good English or didn't care much, because he mumbled an awful lot and we couldn't understand him without having him repeat nearly everything he said. They could use a decent wait staff to compliment the great atmosphere and food.