“Great food, decent value, average service.”
Review of Beamer's 25

Beamer's 25
Ranked #44 of 481 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beamer's 25 is a fresh take on your down home, local watering hole. We have combined a great menu bursting with high quality, made from scratch food with one of the best selections of draft beers in town! We have free off-street parking for our patrons as well as an amazing patio area that was featured in the most recent publication of The Roanoker magazine. We do monthly events with some of the top local breweries, so come by and let us make Beamer's your go to spot whether you are in the mood for an ice cold beer or some of the best home-made pizza in town! Cheers!
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My son and I ate lunch at Beamer's when we visited the Virginia Museum of Transportation. The restaurant is one of the few eating establishments within walking distance of the museum. The place is a cross between a sheik metro cafe and an upscale sport's bar. They did have a kid's menu and the food was very good! Service, albeit lunchtime on a Friday, was average. If you are in the area, I recommend you give them a try... I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Beamer's 25, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you Richard for taking the time to write a review-happy you enjoyed it!

There are newer reviews for Beamer's 25

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I go out to dinner every Friday night with another couple.We're both 60's,70's and have had date night for about 20 years.We are all native Roanokers. Three of us had hamburgers and we all agreed they were the very best hamburgers we have ever had in Roanoke.We also had the onion rings ,,which were HUGE and fabulous. The service was also quick and very courtious. Pricing we thought was very reasonable. Thank you Frank for bringing a very high quality burger place to our town!!

Allison D, Public Relations Manager at Beamer's 25, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Thank you! Very happy you enjoyed your meal/experience!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Beamer's 25 decor is stunning and crispy clean. The food can be just OK. I think Beamer's 25 is a great addition to the Roanoke neighborhood and probably will draw a fun singles crowd. The service was excellent and the onion rings were good. When it came to the slider sampler, my husband disliked the oyster and hamburg slider so much he couldn't eat the crab slider, which was probably the best of the lot. My portobello sandwich was very tasty but also greasy and hard to handle. We will certainly try it again sometime, perhaps if we drank the fine selection of beer, we would have not noticed the food so much.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I am adamant about supporting new local business and I have dinned here on seven separate occasions, including opening night. What I have learned is this: Mondays and Tuesdays are used as a recovery period from the weekend, with some of the more popular beer selections unavailable because they didn’t order enough. The kitchen staff is lacking direction and know-how. The oil is too hot, making the fried dill pickles taste burnt on the outside while still frozen on the inside. (This happened on two separate occasions!) They don’t know the difference between regular coleslaw and lemon coleslaw and confuse the two offerings on their menu. The burgers and crab cakes were good half of the time. The flight-of-beer prices are good. The young male manager is very good at his job but the older male manager actually rolled his eyes at me when I complained about the frozen dill pickles. The older male manager attempted to explain why the food was bad stating that he couldn’t pay the cooks very much money as his reason for having sub-par employees. My last complaint is about the patio dining area. There is no separation from the costumers and the crackheads walking down the sidewalk. The area of town where this restaurant is located leaves a lot to be desired. My friend and I were harassed so much by one of the homeless men pacing back and forth on the sidewalk that we ended up moving inside to finish our meal. I will not be back unless I hear that some major changes have been made.

Roy B, Manager at Beamer's 25, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments. We appreciate honest feedback from our guests. Your comments have been addressed and we at Beamer's 25 hope you will try us again in the near future.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I had lunch at Beamer's 25 recently and it wasn;t as good as we expected. Her salad was okay, the onion rings were excellent, and both were reasonably priced. My burger was overpriced and not so great. The burger itself was okay and seemed to be properly cooked, but the bun just wasn't fresh. When I pay $8.50 for a burger I expect it to be first class in every respect. Our waitress wasn't rude, but she was't very friendly either.

Roy B, Manager at Beamer's 25, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thanks for your comments, I want to apologize for the stale bun, it is not your standard. I hope you will try us again

Been to Beamer's 25? Share your experiences!