“Better than expected Tex-Mex food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of El Rodeo

El Rodeo
Ranked #53 of 467 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Better than expected Tex-Mex food”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn next door and many of the other restaurants were closed on a Monday, so we went to El Rodeo. I would say that the service was a little slow at first-we wanted to eat at the bar and no one knew who was responsible, but, once that was figured out, we had really good service, and we both liked the food-I had a fajita that was really good and they gave me extra tortillas, nice and hot. My wife had a vegetable quesadilla which was superb. For the money, this place is really good and we will probably stop there for a meal on our way up I-81 in the future.

• Visited April 2013

Silver Spring
“Tex Mex that is fair at best”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Nice looking restaurant,but the food is average at best,Chicken was a little dry and refried beans had no flavor.I'm not a big drinker so I couldn't say about the bar drinks.

Visited August 2012
Maine
“And yet another great local discovery”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Traveling home from Daytona looking for lodging with a restaurant within walking distance. What a bonus to find this one right next door! The place was busy with what we thought was mostly locals, but we were seated right away. Server brought chips and salsa and took our drink order. Lots of menu choices and tough to choose just one. By checking out the dishes going by we had an idea we had best not choose too much. I ordered the Nachos Primavera and hubby ordered Pollo Supremo. The nachos were very good and unlike any I've ever had. Hubby was very happy with his tasty plateful. All food was served quickly, hot and with a smile. I couldn't finish mine and hubby 'suffered' through getting his plate cleaned. This will be one stop which will definitely be repeated.

South Riding, Virginia, United States
“A happy discovery”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Thanks to previous reviews here on Trip Advisor, my husband and I selected the restaurant nearest our hotel (the Fairfield Inn North) for dinner. After a long, hard day of travel on a very crowded interstate, we just wanted a peaceful, warm (it was a COLD day!!), delicious dinner with a glass of wine. We found it at El Rodeo. What a little gem! To begin with, the salsa was different but very tasty, so we enjoyed chips and salsa along with a carafe of their delicious sangria while waiting for our dinners. My husband had a combination plate and pronounced it to be excellent (especially the chiles rellenos). I had the camorones primavera which was hot, well seasoned, and full of the fresh vegetables you'd expect in a primavera dish. Both of us greatly enjoyed the dinner, and we found the ambience to be relaxing and conducive to enjoying a congenial meal at the end of a long day. We will definitely be going back the next time we drive on I-81.

Visited March 2013
Virginia
“Typical American style Mexican”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Not much to say. The food here is the standard fare Americans are served. It's tasty and I enjoy their salsa. The service is always nice and friendly and also very fast. It's my Mexican restaurant of choice in Roanoke now that El Puerto is gone

Visited June 2012

Been to El Rodeo? Share your experiences!