“That's a big slice..” 5 of 5 bubbles

Benny Marconi
Ranked #33 of 466 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: GIGANTIC Pizzas - probably 3 feet in diameter. The slices are HUGE!
“That's a big slice..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Home of the Virginia Slice! This place is wonderful. One slice Iis really all you need. It's the size of a new born baby. You know like one of those 8-10 pounders. The crust is one of the best parts of it. The Hawaiian is my favorite. They have different specialties every month.
The employees are super friendly and so is the owner. One time I went in and the pizza taste was a little off. The owner came by and asked if I thought the pizza tasted funny and I said that I thought it did but didn't want to say anything and he told me that he'd give me a refund. Although I said it wasn't necessary he did it anyway.

• Visited January 2014

“Never a disappointment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I try to go here every month. They always have a special pizza or 2 very month. But the cheese pizza is great too. And cheap! 4 or 5 bucks per slice and each slice is worth 2 or 3 regular pieces. I can't eat chain store pizza any more after coming here.

• Visited October 2013
Vinton, Virginia
“My Favorite Pizza in Roanoke”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I work in Downtown Roanoke and I make sure to eat here at least once a week. This crust is always cooked to perfection, they have monthly specials which are always so good. You will only need 1 slice and a drink (soda) to complete that perfect lunch. And don't forget to top you slice with the best garlic powder. You will not regret eating here.

• Visited October 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“The party trick is the size of the pizza but it's good pizza too”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is one of our favorite places to take our out-of-town friends for lunch or late night. They get a kick out of the size of the pizza slices and even the whole pie. It's decent pizza too! The prices are great. You won't leave hungry.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Roanoke, Virginia
“Monstrous slices. Surprisingly good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

When I first heard about the giant (30 inch, I think) pizzas at Benny Marconi I figured it was more of a gimmick than anything else. I was pleasantly surprised when we dove into the pie. This is pretty good pizza. Probably not quite on my short list of "go to" pizza joints, but pretty darn good. The prices are pretty reasonable when you consider the size of the pie.

The first time we ordered from there, I sent my son to pick it up and he almost could not fit the box in his car. So, if you do plan on getting take out from Benny Marconi make sure you have room to haul it. The ingredients tasted fresh and the crust is on the thin side if that is your thing (we like that!).

We have gotten pizza there a couple more times and will do so again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Benny Marconi? Share your experiences!