“Billy's for the last time”
Review of Billy's

Billy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Billy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 473 Restaurants in Roanoke
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Salem Ave.
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Billy's for the last time”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was supposed to pick up a chopped salad tonight to replace a salad that was wrong 2 weeks ago. The previous chopped salad was iceberg lettuce only a couple of pumpkin seeds, no bacon or tomatoes. I called tonight, came out in the ice and picked up a chopped salad with mixed greens, 1 tiny piece of bacon and a couple scraps of brown avocado.
My girlfriend called upset and was spoke to in a condescending manner by Colin.
We have been to your restaurant several times and have never had an experience that would be worth the prices being charged. The first night we went for a party the chopped salad came with iceberg lettuce. We came for lunch 1 week later and it took almost an hour to get a chopped salad with greens, kids grilled cheese and a chicken BLT. The waitress told us they were out of iceberg lettuce, then proceeded to come back with a new salad with iceberg lettuce 10 minutes later. The time after that it took a little over 25 minutes to get just a $10 BLT sandwich and $10 chopped salad.
Taking us back to the beginning of the story which we are at today, the salad is wrong, the customer service was horrible and we will never visit your restaurant again. I will tell of my experience to anyone who will listen.

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank Eric S

Jamestown, New York
“A great place for dining!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Visited recently, the menu was diverse, staff great and very helpful. The food was delicious and everyone at our table of four had a beautiful plate of food. The decor is stately and clean. I would definitely go back again.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank dolceniente
Tecumseh, Michigan, United States
“Group Service Weak”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Had a business dinner there last week. It was the first time I ever visited. the accomodations were very nice. The outdoor space was fantastic with its fire pit and heaters. I would love to spend a dinner out there with some friends.

I thought the food was decent but unfortunately the service was weak. They had a single waiter trying to get orders from a group of 15. They knew we were coming and had the room set up nice. Drinks, appetizers and entrees seemed to come at a S-L-O-W pace.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Mike A
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great atmosphere, poor food quality!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My friends and I love coming here for the outside area to lounge and drink, the firepit is beautiful. The drinks have been great (nothing unique) and the staff efficient, however, not one of us have had a good food experience. I have given Billy's many chances but not impressed thus far. My mother at one visit had the mahi and said it did not taste real, she has not eaten mahi anywhere due to the bad taste/impression it left! Would recommend stopping in for a drink but not to eat.

• Visited October 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
“Pretty place. Food and Service poor.”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We awaited with anticipation the re-opening of the newly remodelled Billy's on Roanoke's downtown city market. The remodel was well done, it's a very pretty restaurant with a good location. Unfortunately the food and service was poor. Unlikely to go back there again. There are other, better dining choices in the area.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank dlg6422

Been to Billy's? Share your experiences!