“Awesome Visit”

O. Winston Link Museum
Ranked #4 of 74 things to do in Roanoke
Reviewed February 10, 2014

There was a small bit closed, but the trains and other automobiles were well worth the visit and the money.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We made a day of several museums in the area and this is one of the better ones. The exhibits were well planned and descriptive and interesting to a wide variety of age groups. There wasn't a lot to see but what was there was done well.

1  Thank Cathryne W
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I never knew of O. Winston Link until B&W photography began to interest me while living in the City; Manhattan, that is. After going to a show or two in Tribeca, Chelsea, the gay 'hood at the time, and Rizzoli, I caught the shutterbug (at least that of other's disease of shutterbug) and one evening met a man who told me about O. Winston Link. An elderly man at the time, maybe he was a relative; Lord knows. Some couple of decades later while visiting Roanoke from Spain in order to visit my Mommuh and Get Out the Vote in Staunton, I stumbled upon this museum. The two who worked the door could not have been more helpful. As a Virgo, I appreciated their attention to helping me pick up details of this man's life. The museum and my Tshirts stuck with me. Full Gallop, Andale, Anda, Che viddiamo.

Thank G.l. M
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was a delightful stop while in Roanoke. It's small but well done. It costs $5 for adults to get in. There are photographs and some other displays (like a general store with nostalgic items and a register; a theater presentation). The majority of the photographs are black and white. It takes about an hour to walk through if you don't watch the film.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

It was nice, but only takes 30 minutes to view. The out of town and younger folks found it less interesting.

Been to O. Winston Link Museum? Share your experiences!