Colony House Motor Lodge
$139
Residence Inn
$119
$112
Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$89
$79
$85
$90
HIExpress.com
$116
Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$93
Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$81
ComfortInn
$115
Hyatt.com
All reviewsred lobstercheap roomclosed for the seasonbed was comfortablelocal hotelsplace to stayhot watergood sizemini fridgebit datedwould definitely stay here againrooms are cleanvery nice staymotelshampoojackedsinks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Our nephew graduated VT May 17th and we started looking for a room in January. Everything was either booked or the rate was "jacked up" for a standard hotel room just because of graduation. We decided to check Roanoke being that it was only 30 miles North of Blacksburg. Again the area was either booked or over-priced. I came across Colony House Motor Lodge and decided to check it out for availability and price. The pictures represent the quality of the motel and it truly is a blast from the past. I focused on the positive remarks made by other traveler's hoping that it would be a nice, clean, and affordable. IT WAS - we were pleasantly surprised and happy. After hearing horror stories from other family members in "brand" named hotels we consider ourselves very lucky. If you are on the fence about booking a stay - go for it - you won't be disappointed for the location and price. I also liked the comment made by the woman that checked us out that it has been family owned since 1957 and they were celebrating a 30 year anniversary of one of their house cleaning personnel! That speaks volumes for the Colony House management of how much they must take care of their employees. If we ever find our way back to Roanoke, I know where we will stay. Thanks, JaM

Room Tip: Lower King Rooms across from pool. Convenient to Ice/Vending machines. Great security. Close to Waffle House and Dunkin' Doughnuts. :-)
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank JaM W
Charles E, Owner at Colony House Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Your support sure does mean a lot! My sincerest thank you for taking the time to share such a glowing recommendation for us. I also want to send a big congratulations to your nephew! Virginia Tech is such a great school and graduation is a truly memorable and inspiring time.

At the end of the day, our customer's happiness is what's most important, so your kind words are truly heartwarming. I look forward to sharing your compliments with the team almost as much as I look forward to welcoming you back. Don't be a stranger!

Take care,

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Was going down to the area for nephew's graduation from Va Tech. Everything in Blacksburg, Christiansburg was expensive and 2 or 3 night minimum. My sister found Colony House online and booked us each a king room. After reading the reviews from here, I'll have to admit I was a bit leery, but I see the owner responds to every review and that is what changed my mind.

Yes the place is older but our rooms were very clean. Yes they have older TVs but ours worked perfectly with tons of channels. Love the old feel to the place and I bet back in the day...this was one really nice place to stay. Wait it was nice in 2014 too. Not sure what an extra $100 a night would have gotten us elsewhere that we didn't have this past weekend.

The desk clerk at check-in, very helpful and yes, you know you remember us!!

The desk clerk at check-out, super friendly and very nice!!

We'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a king, lower level Front. Back right up to the door!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank smunster70433
Charles E, Owner at Colony House Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to share such a thoughtful, detailed recommendation for us here on TripAdvisor! It means the world to hear just how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass your many compliments along to the team. Next time you find yourself in Roanoke, I hope you'll keep us in mind! Our door's always open.

Take care,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Arrived to a room we had not reserved. Reserved a king and were given 2 doubles, even after a call from booking.com assuring me they had spoke directly to the owner and assured us it was a king.

Pulled around to the rear of the motel to a pitch black lot at the time we checked in. Had to get out of vehicle to check room numbers.

Went to take a shower and took a towel off rack to have dead bugs fall out onto the toilet seat. Used a t-shirt to dry off and refused to sleep under bed linens.

Left at 6AM to get out of the room.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you just don't care where you sleep
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Fuelman8
Charles E, Owner at Colony House Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

I'm terribly sorry to hear this, and I assure you this isn't the norm for us. I hope you communicated to the desk that you felt you were given the wrong room, and I'll certainly look into this feedback with the staff. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues, and I hope you'll consider giving us another chance to impress you in the future.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

and so easy to find! Less than 1/2 mile off of Rt 220, with nearby restaurants and a large mall right up the road. I just spent 2 nights (my third stay in two years) at Colony House and am still thoroughly satisfied with the cleanliness of the rooms, and location. The staff was welcoming, prompt and helpful with extra amenities. (I'd forgotten my hairdryer, and also misplaced my toothbrush). Both were provided with no qualms.
I highly recommend Colony House Motor Lodge to anyone visiting Roanoke! I know I'll be back again.
J. Young

Room Tip: The back side of the motel is very quiet, as it's away from the road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jennifer Y
Charles E, Owner at Colony House Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Jennifer, thank you for your kind comments. Our staff works hard and is proud of their professionalism and will be pleased that it shows. We are very fortunate that our family chose this excellent location in 1958. What foresight! Loyal customers such as yourself are very important to us and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Needed a room near particular part of Roanoke after long day of helping with daughter's move. We saw the Colony House and were warmly greeted. Our room was very spacious and clean. There were two sinks which came as a nice surprise. We had plenty of towels, hot water and toiletries, and a coffee pot. While the TV was not flat screen digital, we could catch the news and a few shows.

The breakfast offerings were limited but ok with cereal choices, pastries and fruit. We chose to go a nearby McDonalds instead for a hot McMuffin. However, warm cookies were given to us at check in.

We will stay here again while visiting family in Roanoke.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank maigolf
Charles E, Owner at Colony House Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for sharing your enjoyable experience. Our staff works hard to offer personal touches and are dedicated to our guests' comfort. In fact we just celebrated the 30th anniversary of our head housekeeper at the Colony House Motor lodge. Having moved my children several times, I know you must have been exhausted and am pleased you found our property inviting and relaxing.