“Good food, not expensive”

Jersey Lily's Roadhouse Grill
Ranked #98 of 491 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Description: tel.no. 001 - 540 342 08 26 - delicious food, very friendly service, highly recommended!!
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We have eaten here several times and always been satisfied.I like the wide selection of foods on the menu.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Being a Texan the name Jersey Lily was immediately familiar, but I was surprised that the theme was indeed Judge Roy Bean's Jersey Lily. The food was very good. The steak was one of the better I've had in awhile. We'd definitely stop here again if passing through Roanoke. We found it to be a good value.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Rather than rushing to reach Peaks of Otter Lodge in time for dinner, I decided to swing off the Blue Ridge Parkway and head into Roanoke. There are myriad restaurants not far from the Parkway, including an Outback Steakhouse within 0.5 mile, but I wanted to visit a restaurant that doesn't have an outlet in Connecticut. I had eaten at Jersey Lily's Roadhouse the last time I actually stayed in Roanoke, so I gave it another try.

My concern about having a long wait because it was Mother's Day proved unfounded; perhaps Mother's Day attracts more of a brunch crowd. I was seated immediately, and my waitress greeted me in a timely fashion and took my drink order.

I celebrated my motherhood with one of their signature cocktails, which was very good; although when they say "over ice," they mean A LOT of ice. For dinner I had the 12-ounce sirloin, which came with a salad and a baked potato. The bacon and honey mustard dressing arrived in two containers so that I could add as much of the bacon mixture as I wished, which was good, since a little went a long way. My steak was prepared as ordered, although it and the potato were not quite as hot as they could have been. The steak was very good; the baked potato was, well, a baked potato.

The roadhouse is very casual, with a "Western" feel that's not overpowering. I didn't feel out of place, even though after a day of hiking, I was a bit the worse for wear. Clientele during my visit was a mix of couples, groups, and families with children (and a few grandmas).

All in all, I can highly recommend this spot if you're staying in the area or driving the Parkway and want to get off for a spell. It is a mile or two from city center, though. My only complaint is that my waitress basically disappeared once she served my food. I was ready for my check a full 15 minutes before it finally showed up. But since I wasn't on a schedule, I can live with that.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Two appetizers and a regular meal ran $36 plus tip. Parking was fine and we were seated within minutes. Keep in mind this was early evening on a Saturday so most tables were full but there was really no waiting for 30-45 minutes like some other restaurants.

To be honest there was nothing in particular that stood out about Jersey Lily's. Now don't take my previous statement as anything bad but this restaurant was simply average - good food, fair service, and quite the normal costs.

Next time I am in the area I would not hesitate to stop again and try their steak for myself. I did have a few bites and it was very nice. Layout of the restaurant was nice, bathrooms were clean, and a bar area was sealed off with glass from the main dining area so there were no concerns there.

Heck, stop and give it a shot yourself if you are in the area. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

What an excellent find!!

Hungry after a day's driving through yet another Park we were lucky to spot Jersey Lily's! We had Chilli soup and their house salad (with hot bacon and honey mustard dressing) as starters which were served with warm buns (biscuits) and whipped butter. We followed this up by a couple of filet mignon steaks which were cooked to perfection and had an abundance of flavour. The steaks were accompanied by a Jacket potato with a dollop of butter and/or sour cream.

The only downside was that we didn't have enough room for desert!

Don't miss this treat!