“Six Years of Excellent Experiences and Clean ! C. Hatfield” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MainStay Suites Airport

MainStay Suites Airport
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Six Years of Excellent Experiences and Clean ! C. Hatfield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We are a family of 5. Our children are very active in Travel Sports. We ended up at the Main Stay Airport 6 years ago because one of the fathers on our team was familiar with the establishment due to his traveling for his place of employment. He had always been impressed and thought we as a team would enjoy it as well. I'm trying to help you see that whether it is a business trip you are making or a week/weekend of activities with your family....this place is perfect for either one! I am one picky person when it comes to cleanliness....especially in a hotel and customer service. And as a mom - I want to get the most "bang for my buck". Again.... Main Stay Airport has never let me down on either aspect....in fact.... I feel completely safe there as well as comfortable with the cleanliness. They have laundry available as well as a shuttle. A full kitchen with everything you need, as well as all linens. We have stayed in the suite with the one bedroom with 2 queen beds - which offers a separate bedroom from the kitchen and living area. It also provides you with 2 TVs... and we have also stayed in the suite with 2 bedroom / 2 restrooms / 2 closets.... wow is this a neat room. It also of course has a nice living area and kitchen. Everything you need for a couple of days ..week away from home. We have met business professionals who stay there sometimes a month or more. Then there is Curtis..... she welcomed us into Main Stay 6 years ago as if she was welcoming us into her home....and she continues to do that every time we are in town. I would not think of staying anywhere else....as much as we enjoy all of the amenities of this hotel.... we love Curtis ! She is our "family" now and we would follow her anywhere! I will never forget the first time she looked at our 11 and 12 year old baseball boys and let them in on the rules of "her" place..... and they respected her from the start. My son is 18 now and still looks eagerly like he did back then to go to Main Stay and see Curtis. My younger two children don't even remember life without her :) We recently stayed there due to the Commonwealth Games. We told our AAU Girls Basketball team about it.... 14 year old girls. There was also a Basketball Team there (male). The two teams we separated by a floor and everyone had a curfew and the Main Stay was calm cool and collected the entire time. I believe this to be because of Curtis and how she makes you feel and the honesty she gives you. As we often sit in the lobby or the breakfast area to visit I regularly see people come through the main door to check in or check on availability of a room..or wander down from their room to say hello and chat a bit with her..... she treats them all with respect and kindness. We love Main Stay Airport in Roanoke, VA and we LOVE "our" Curtis !! Go ahead and stay.... you will be so glad you did ! P.S. They even have an area where guests can purchase snacks, ice cream, and drinks...even microwavable items incase you don't want to leave...plus there are several places that deliver food there. We like Frank's. Have a great time !

Room Tip: Our favorites when coming for outdoor activities or if we need laundry for any reason are anything o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Chandelle H
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
WOW! I don't know where to begin in thanking you for the kind words not only of the hotel, but more importantly, of our beloved Ms. Curtis. She is a great member of our family and she does enjoy the people she gets to meet and talk with. I will pass along your comments to her.

I'm pleased you mentioned our hotel is perfect no matter the reason you happen to be visiting Roanoke. We have many corporate long-term stay guests and they love us. Our weekend visitors enjoy the extra large rooms as well. Our location can't be beat, as we are located in the mall complex of Valley View Mall, southwest Virginia' largest mall.

Again, thanks so much for the kind words and for the loyalty of the past six years. We look forward to your visit next year!

Dominion Lodging, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
blacksburg, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here the night before our flight to jamaica. Perhaps we had rose colored glasses but we loved this place! Curtis, at the front desk is a hoot! We seriously booked this place because it was cheapest without reviews of bugs and hookers and had free shuttle to the airport! We opened the door to a suite with office, lining room, full sized kitchen with utensils, dishes and appliances, and a large bathroom with separate toilet.

We decided to eat at smokey bones and were fully prepares to walk over there but no..Curtis got us shuttle! Love her! Shuttle driver gave us a $10 off coupon for the restaurant we were going to. We tipped him a couple dollars for that alone! Great value! Not some luxury resort but we were happier than expected!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank adriann1973
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
First off, you went to Jamaica and didn't invite me???? Shame on you!
I'm pleased we were able to begin your trip on a high note. Ms. Curtis is a ball of fire and we are blessed to have her as a part of our family.
Thanks for your comments and for being our guest. We strive to take great care of each and every one of our visitors with service that will knock your socks off. I'll pass along your comments for the entire staff. If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
Wayne, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My family (4 adults) stayed here while we were on vacation. We split room 401 which was perfect for our needs. It had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with a common kitchen and tv space so that both couples could have our privacy at night and getting ready in the morning while still sharing a common space. The pull love seat in the common area may have been one of the most uncomfortable pieces of furniture that I have ever sat on which I attribute to the fact that it was just a tired old pull-out couch. The ventilation was a little weird for one of the bedroom because the AC unit was in the common room and they had a fan in the top of the wall in the bedroom to blow cold air into the room which made it a little stuffy for the couple that was sleeping in that room, but we managed.
Hotel staff was incredibly friendly and made us feel very welcome during our 4 nights there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KHtraveler16
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit and liked the 2-bed room suite for your stay. It does work out well for larger families or couples traveling together. The pull-out sofa does need some work. Better yet, it needs replaced. I'll get right on that as it is quite uncomfortable.
I hope you will visit us again and I would be happy to help with any future reservations. Feel free to contact me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
Dominion Lodging, Inc,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Great stay. Hotel has been totally updated. Food was good. Bed was comfortable. Very clean. Kitchen was very handy to have.Near the mall and restaurants. Will stay here again when in the area. Good value.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank mamct
Thanks for your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the full kitchen to be helpful. We have a great location being at the largest shopping mall complex in this part of the state. There are plenty of things to do nearby for food, shopping, and relaxation.
I hope you will visit us again soon. Please let me know if I can assist with future reservations. Contact me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Convenient.
Close to many things that you need while in the road. Lots of food, mall, and freeway access. Right across from the airport WITH a shuttle.

Rooms have all you need. Plenty of room with the two room set up with kitchenette.

Caution though...only 1 computer for use. NO business center. That's kind of behind the times, but the wifi worked pretty well.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thanks for your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be ideal. We are right in the middle of it all, yet quiet enough for a good night's rest.
I'm sorry if only having one lobby computer for guest use caused you an inconvenience. We actually find the lobby computer isn't used as much as it was in the past because most people have their internet device in their pocket.
I hope you will visit us again and if you need any assistance with reservations or have any questions, please contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com
Thanks!
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed here this past week and were very impressed. The suite was roomy and very comfortable. The staff was, without exception, courteous and helpful. The breakfast, while the same each day, was very good, with the only exception being that the toaster springs were shot, and would not stay down on their own. Their little store does not stock much beyond soft drinks, ice cream, and the like, and all items are expensive...better to buy at the Walmart down the street.

I'd highly recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thanks so much for your review.
I'm pleased your stay was enjoyable and I will pass along the nice comments to the staff.
I will replace the toaster in the breakfast area so it will work properly. I'm sorry you had that trouble.
We are also in the process of adding additional cabinets and shelving in the convenience store area so we can enlarge our selection. I would be interested to hear in you have any suggestions. Please contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
We look forward to seeing you again,
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have visited this hotel numerous times and been very satisfied overall. The only problem is the sofa bed in the living room is much too low for comfortable seating - even for short people!
We realize this furniture is also used by some guests for sleeping, but even that use seems a little too close to the floor. For our use, we are limited to the one chair or the chairs at the dining area for sitting or watching TV.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
gmva342, General Manager at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thanks for your review. In the future when you visit, please contact me and I will see there is an additional chair in your room for your relaxation. I am sorry the sofas are not to your liking, but I believe I can help with this additional chair.
Please let me know in advance of your arrival or contact me directly at gm.va342@choicehotels.com or 540-527-3030 and I will be happy to assit with reservations.
Ed Wray