“Great Courtyard property - comfortable and attractive.”

Courtyard Roanoke Airport
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in 9/2013 for a business trip. The hotel is extremely convenient to all areas of Roanoke, and particularly close to the airport, mall area with a ton of restaurants, and many businesses. The hotel is very attractively decorated. The lobby is fresh and inviting. The restaurant/cafe area is very nice with comfortable seating and even some private booths with plenty of space for working/meeting. I like the lobby a lot! The food was good at the cafe, too. The staff was very friendly, and the room well equipped and nicely clean. Very good stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeffery C

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Everything you would expect from a Courtyard. Same Bistro for in house food options. Short drive to other food options. Rooms just like any other Courtyard. This one is very close and has a shuttle.

I need to put more characters but not much else to say....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank powerplantop
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My flight got in late evening and so I was looking for a hotel near the Roanoke Airport. The Courtyard Marriott lived up to its reputation (as I stay in many). Location was easy to find - only a little over a mile from the airport. We were greeted by a friendly young man. The room was exactly what I expected... Queen size bed, work station, quiet, comfy, spacious bathroom. The only downfall to the Courtyard Marriott's that I find is the breakfast... It was okay but nothing special. I would stay here again if I was flying into the Roanoke Airport.
It was very clean and quiet.

Room Tip: Third floor was quiet - overlooking parking lot but quiet as hotel is off the main street
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mainesilver1
Reviewed September 11, 2013

After camping out at the Lockn' Festival for 4 days, our side trip to Roanoke to visit family was extremely nice. The Courtyard was a pefect spot in which to shower and rest up before the drive back to Chesapeake.

The 2nd floor room was huge, with two queen beds and plenty of space for my cousin and I. The TV worked great, the room was clean and the beds were vey comfortable. We heard no airplane, or even hallway, noise. The staff was extremely friendly, and we had no issue leaving our camping gear in the bed of our truck so close to an entrance of I-581.

This hotel is nice, has a great location, and the beds we had were great. Will stay here again if coming to Roanoke.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MuleHead2
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Good welcome at the front desk; people there really want to give a hand. We experienced a very good service at the bistro for dinner; I would even say excellent. Room was very clean in general. The main problem is in the common areas like the reception, the bistro, the salon, corridors: dust is very present; rugs are overdued for cleaning; same thing about the furniture. I acknowledge that this hotel is very busy; nevertheless a bold cleaning effort must be done!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raymond P
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Overall, the property was very clean. Being a non-smoking and pet-free property is a plus. But the rooms are small and thus you are able to hear every little noise/traffic in the hallway (especially when other adjacent, near-by rooms, close their doors). I requested a room that was not close to the elevators, but they assigned me a room that was close to the elevator. Not offering a complimentary breakfast buffet (other than a breakfast ordered from the bistro) made this an inconvenient stay. My mini-refrigerator did not work and when I called down to the front desk, they had no solution other than "our maintenance staff was gone for the night." On a positive note (besides the cleanliness), the WiFi in the room was good and fast. But, overall for me, Marriott Courtyard was not a good value. This was my first stay at a Marriott Courtyard and likely my last.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Easy to find. Very clean with large rooms. Staff was extremely friendly, and helpful. Bistro was very nice. Computers downstairs with fast internet. Gas very close with a convenience store. Food also in the area. Located in what seemed like a quiet area. Excellent stay, and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family