“average stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
dallas
“average stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Overall, the property was very clean. Being a non-smoking and pet-free property is a plus. But the rooms are small and thus you are able to hear every little noise/traffic in the hallway (especially when other adjacent, near-by rooms, close their doors). I requested a room that was not close to the elevators, but they assigned me a room that was close to the elevator. Not offering a complimentary breakfast buffet (other than a breakfast ordered from the bistro) made this an inconvenient stay. My mini-refrigerator did not work and when I called down to the front desk, they had no solution other than "our maintenance staff was gone for the night." On a positive note (besides the cleanliness), the WiFi in the room was good and fast. But, overall for me, Marriott Courtyard was not a good value. This was my first stay at a Marriott Courtyard and likely my last.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Easy to find. Very clean with large rooms. Staff was extremely friendly, and helpful. Bistro was very nice. Computers downstairs with fast internet. Gas very close with a convenience store. Food also in the area. Located in what seemed like a quiet area. Excellent stay, and I highly recommend this hotel.

Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was passing through Roanoke, and needed to stay one night. I tend to try to stay in Marriott brand properties whenever possible, so this choice was the perfect one.

The hotel is very clean, and the staff very friendly. My king room was very spacious, and tastefully decorated and updated. While comfortable, I will say the mattress at this Courtyard was not as good as the normal Marriott mattress...it felt a bit worn.

Great, convenient location, excellent hotel, great choice when in Roanoke.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel two years ago, and it remains the same: nice, clean hotel, faultless internet, friendly, attentive staff. What more could you ask for......Bistro Bar downstairs to get a quick bite to eat with very reasonable prices, and complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa in the mornings. Starbucks at the Bistro Bar, if that is your choosing. And there's more...wonderful outdoor area with beautiful landscaping to sit and relax with friends if you happen to be traveling and/or meeting others there. Clean indoor pool. Close to attractions. If you want all this and a quiet night in a comfy bed, this is the place for you. Southern hospitality at its best!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We arrived a little earlier than check-in on Friday but Joe [Bender?] was manning the front desk. He was very welcoming and able to comply with all our minor requests regarding the room, etc. He even gave us a room with a balcony because the weather had turned cool - something I enjoyed the entire weekend. The rooms are very spacious, beautifully decorated and comfortable. I don't care for the smaller pillows but that seems to be the hotel trend nowadays. Every staff member were encountered - from front desk to bar to cleaning - always greeted us and gave the feeling they knew we had choices and were glad we picked them. Only minor complaints - computers - thanks for being free of charge - were very slow; several TV stations were sketchy in reception; the computers downstairs face the window and it was very difficult to see the screen because of the glare. Otherwise - I highly recommend this hotel

Voorhees, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We drove from NJ to Nashville and decided to use Roanoke as our half way stop. I usually am known for lots of research before booking, but because we didn't know where weather or traffic would drop us, we just flew by the seat of our pants, so to speak. We did a quick Tripadvisor search on our iphones and decided the Courtyard Marriott had the best AAA price closest to I-81. I am SO pleased with our stay. The whole hotel was very modern and looked completely redone. The staff was wonderful and the rooms were large and comfy to fit four adults. Bathroom was clean and well decorated. There is a bistro in the lobby if you are hungry (breakfast is not included) but all I needed to hear was that they serve Starbuck's coffee. It has a pretty large hot breakfast menu along with the usual cold cereals. I would definitely recommend it to anyone passing through!

1 Thank VoorheesFam
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was in town for business. My flight was canceled and delayed so I didn't arrive until late and checked out the next morning. The parking lot did seem a little dark-but it may have been because I had to park more toward the back since it was late. Room was clean. Internet worked fine. I didn't use the gym or eat breakfast there. Overall it is very convenient to the airport, I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business