“Southern Hospitality: Yes”

Courtyard Roanoke Airport
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel two years ago, and it remains the same: nice, clean hotel, faultless internet, friendly, attentive staff. What more could you ask for......Bistro Bar downstairs to get a quick bite to eat with very reasonable prices, and complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa in the mornings. Starbucks at the Bistro Bar, if that is your choosing. And there's more...wonderful outdoor area with beautiful landscaping to sit and relax with friends if you happen to be traveling and/or meeting others there. Clean indoor pool. Close to attractions. If you want all this and a quiet night in a comfy bed, this is the place for you. Southern hospitality at its best!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We arrived a little earlier than check-in on Friday but Joe [Bender?] was manning the front desk. He was very welcoming and able to comply with all our minor requests regarding the room, etc. He even gave us a room with a balcony because the weather had turned cool - something I enjoyed the entire weekend. The rooms are very spacious, beautifully decorated and comfortable. I don't care for the smaller pillows but that seems to be the hotel trend nowadays. Every staff member were encountered - from front desk to bar to cleaning - always greeted us and gave the feeling they knew we had choices and were glad we picked them. Only minor complaints - computers - thanks for being free of charge - were very slow; several TV stations were sketchy in reception; the computers downstairs face the window and it was very difficult to see the screen because of the glare. Otherwise - I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We drove from NJ to Nashville and decided to use Roanoke as our half way stop. I usually am known for lots of research before booking, but because we didn't know where weather or traffic would drop us, we just flew by the seat of our pants, so to speak. We did a quick Tripadvisor search on our iphones and decided the Courtyard Marriott had the best AAA price closest to I-81. I am SO pleased with our stay. The whole hotel was very modern and looked completely redone. The staff was wonderful and the rooms were large and comfy to fit four adults. Bathroom was clean and well decorated. There is a bistro in the lobby if you are hungry (breakfast is not included) but all I needed to hear was that they serve Starbuck's coffee. It has a pretty large hot breakfast menu along with the usual cold cereals. I would definitely recommend it to anyone passing through!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VoorheesFam
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was in town for business. My flight was canceled and delayed so I didn't arrive until late and checked out the next morning. The parking lot did seem a little dark-but it may have been because I had to park more toward the back since it was late. Room was clean. Internet worked fine. I didn't use the gym or eat breakfast there. Overall it is very convenient to the airport, I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Wanting to be near the airport, there are many choices in the area however when I return, this will be my primary hotel.
So many amenities..
Don't even think about any of the other sites in the area.
The staff were pleasant.the room was really, really nice. So much more than I expected.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stopped for one night while traveling on I-81. Very convenient location. Staff was very friendly - clean and updated rooms - everything you need. Would stay here again. Bistro in the lobby if you want breakfast there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We recently stayed at the Courtyard in Roanoke. We had three rooms in our group and everyone had the same reaction for the hotel - A+! We were greeted by friendly and personable staff, our rooms were updated, clean and beautiful and we had a wonderful experience from arrival to departure. The hotel has a Starbucks / breakfast area and while it is not included in the room stay it had a nice variety of options and made my husband happy with the Starbucks coffee. There is also a small market area for snacks in the evening. We were very impressed with the hotel and would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The hotel does have some rooms that are adjoining is this is something that is important to you when...