“Easter Brunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Moneta, Virginia, United States
“Easter Brunch”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Enjoyed a delicious Easter brunch with family! My absolute favorite dishes were sausage gravy and homemade muffins, shrimp and grits and chocolate cake!!! The brunch included a bloodie mary bar; service was good and the setting is very comfortable!!! Look forward to returning :)

• Visited March 2013

“Good food great atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I went to First & Sixth for the first time with a big group. The service was great and the food was good. Portions on the smaller side, but what you would expect from an upscale place. I enjoyed going upstairs to the lounge which is the former lobby of the historic Patrick Henry Hotel. This is a great place for a romantic occasion it's on the quiet side. I would go back again!

Daleville, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Restaurant in Roanoke!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My date, a French foodie, and I went on a Tuesday night and practically had the place to ourselves. No complaints. Food and service were excellent! Great atmosphere - formal, elegant, comfortable - I felt like I could have been in any city in the world. Good selection of local beers on tap. The menu offers plenty of options but is not overwhelming. Wine and drink menu is separate. For some reason, so is the dessert menu.

• Visited March 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Patrick Henry would be proud!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant is located in the former Patrick Henry hotel. Patrick Henry was both the first and the sixth post-Colonial governor of Virginia - hence the restaurant's name. The dinner menu offers a wide variety of entrees. I had the blackened catfish and it was delicious. One of my dinner companions asked to make a substitution for one of her sides and she was gladly accommodated. Our waiter was very knowledgeable. I look forward to a return visit.

• Visited February 2013
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“oh so sad...”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Sunday brunch, hubs and I are REALLY looking forward to it after church. Arrived at opening, and decided to sit at the bar. After about 5 minutes, the bartender gets around to asking if we would like a drink...of course, a Bloody Mary. Said bartender goes to find the mix, which he proceeds to pour into our glasses. (You know how the ingredients always fall to the bottom??? Yeah.) Se here we sit with a tomatoey water bloody mary, which is served with no napkin or stirrer. Then they start to look for the brunch menu. Twenty minutes later they come back with a watermarked menu from last week, which they proceed to explain had the following changes...blah blah. Oh, and did I mention that one of the servers blew in and left her purse, keys and jacket on the bar? Needless to say, we paid for our drinks and left for another venue.

• Visited February 2013