“Best Restaurant in Roanoke!”
Review of First & Sixth - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
First & Sixth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Daleville, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Restaurant in Roanoke!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My date, a French foodie, and I went on a Tuesday night and practically had the place to ourselves. No complaints. Food and service were excellent! Great atmosphere - formal, elegant, comfortable - I felt like I could have been in any city in the world. Good selection of local beers on tap. The menu offers plenty of options but is not overwhelming. Wine and drink menu is separate. For some reason, so is the dessert menu.

• Visited March 2013

Roanoke, Virginia
“Patrick Henry would be proud!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant is located in the former Patrick Henry hotel. Patrick Henry was both the first and the sixth post-Colonial governor of Virginia - hence the restaurant's name. The dinner menu offers a wide variety of entrees. I had the blackened catfish and it was delicious. One of my dinner companions asked to make a substitution for one of her sides and she was gladly accommodated. Our waiter was very knowledgeable. I look forward to a return visit.

• Visited February 2013
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“oh so sad...”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Sunday brunch, hubs and I are REALLY looking forward to it after church. Arrived at opening, and decided to sit at the bar. After about 5 minutes, the bartender gets around to asking if we would like a drink...of course, a Bloody Mary. Said bartender goes to find the mix, which he proceeds to pour into our glasses. (You know how the ingredients always fall to the bottom??? Yeah.) Se here we sit with a tomatoey water bloody mary, which is served with no napkin or stirrer. Then they start to look for the brunch menu. Twenty minutes later they come back with a watermarked menu from last week, which they proceed to explain had the following changes...blah blah. Oh, and did I mention that one of the servers blew in and left her purse, keys and jacket on the bar? Needless to say, we paid for our drinks and left for another venue.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Roanokefoodie
Virginia
“Wobderful experience”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We dined with friends and really enjoyed the evening. The steak my husband had was done to perfection and my entree was as well. We have already booked New Year's Eve for three couples.

• Visited December 2012
Salem, Virginia
“Friendly service, OK food, slow overall.”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I went to First & Sixth for the first time tonight. The service was attentive and friendly, but the food delivery was very slow. The salads were the best part of the meal. My wife had the grouper and it was "fishy" tasting which typically translates to a piece of fish that was old fish. Nicely prepared and a good presentation. I had the blackened catfish and fried oysters and it was a pretty good meal. The one biscuit they gave each of us was old and dry. Overall I have to say that there are better choices in Roanoke for dinner.

• Visited December 2012