“oh so sad...”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“oh so sad...”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Sunday brunch, hubs and I are REALLY looking forward to it after church. Arrived at opening, and decided to sit at the bar. After about 5 minutes, the bartender gets around to asking if we would like a drink...of course, a Bloody Mary. Said bartender goes to find the mix, which he proceeds to pour into our glasses. (You know how the ingredients always fall to the bottom??? Yeah.) Se here we sit with a tomatoey water bloody mary, which is served with no napkin or stirrer. Then they start to look for the brunch menu. Twenty minutes later they come back with a watermarked menu from last week, which they proceed to explain had the following changes...blah blah. Oh, and did I mention that one of the servers blew in and left her purse, keys and jacket on the bar? Needless to say, we paid for our drinks and left for another venue.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Roanokefoodie

Virginia
“Wobderful experience”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We dined with friends and really enjoyed the evening. The steak my husband had was done to perfection and my entree was as well. We have already booked New Year's Eve for three couples.

• Visited December 2012
Salem, Virginia
“Friendly service, OK food, slow overall.”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I went to First & Sixth for the first time tonight. The service was attentive and friendly, but the food delivery was very slow. The salads were the best part of the meal. My wife had the grouper and it was "fishy" tasting which typically translates to a piece of fish that was old fish. Nicely prepared and a good presentation. I had the blackened catfish and fried oysters and it was a pretty good meal. The one biscuit they gave each of us was old and dry. Overall I have to say that there are better choices in Roanoke for dinner.

• Visited December 2012
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“One of the best steaks I have ever had”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I got the New York Strip, and it was one of the best I have ever had. My husband ordered the market fish, and was disappointed, but the steak made the visit worth it. We really loved the ambience of the restaurant, and the service was excellent.

Visited November 2012
“Thoroughly Enjoyable”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Great food, drink, service. Not being from the area, I enjoy my trips to Roanoke knowing this will be one of my stops. Crab Cakes are outstanding.