“Don't take your children here”
Review of Apple Valley Motel

Apple Valley Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roanoke
Apple Valley Motel
Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Atlanta, Georgia
“Don't take your children here”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This is totally run down motel with horribly nasty rooms and uncomfortable bed. Bath was dirty and so the room. Carpet had big layer of dust. They offer rooms at very low rates but service you are getting is very poor. Do not take your children here. Just stay away.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Norman D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Surf City, North Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2012

If you wrote a negative review after paying the super low rate you got for the room you had, shame on you ! What are you crying for ? The room was a great value at 45 dollars. Clean, everything worked, and the owner offered to let me use cleaning rags to wipe my motorcycle off, Quit crying Betty ! The bad reviewers wouldn't be happy if you gave them the room for free. Trip Advisor sure pumps in the complainers ! I am on a budget every time I put the metal beast between my legs, so an inexpensive "PLACE TO REST MY LIMBS" is a welcome site !!! I stayed there May 19th, 2012 and I will send every motorcyclist I know there (well, at least the ones without the cows in tow)... This place is not the "Ritz", oh wait, you only paid 45 dollars ! thats right. If I had a dollar for every (1 review wonder), that complained about my buisness I could retire !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 29, 2011

We walked in and the room smelled awful and looked like we walked back into the 60's. The beds were hard as rocks and so were the pillows, it was so bad that my friend slept on the floor.... the shower was ridiculously tiny and so was the bathroom itself.... I just do not recommend it to anyone....

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Roanoke hotels

Holden Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed September 22, 2010

The room we stayed in was comfortable, clean, and the cost of $40.00 a night with basic cable, and extremely hot water!!! The showers were wonderful after riding the parkway all day. This hotel is in the perfect location for rinding the Virginia Blue Ridge Mountains.

The hotel management was very friendly, and I noticed there were other motorcyclist staying there. It is quiet and secure.

Once you leave the motel, the entrances to the parkway are less than 1/2 mile. You are in the center of the Virginia Blue Ridge Parkway. We rode all the way to the north end one day, and rode to the south end the other. Several major highways bring you back if you decide to get off the parkway. Must ride HWY 8.

I would highly recommend this room for those wanting to ride!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed August 21, 2010

If your basic needs are a place to sleep, it is fine. It was clean. It is not for the person with much in the line of electronics. There were limited outlets in the rooms and NONE in the bathroom. The room is dimly lit. The tvs are a little on the small side, but adequate. There is a small fridge but it is kept unplugged so it takes awhile to cool off. There is no microwave. I could not do my hair in the bathroom because of lack of outlets. Had to unplug a lamp in the bedroom to do my hair. Was told there was wi-fi but it was only in one room. We could only find one signal at all and it was very weak. They were not sure if it was thiers or not and did not know the passcode to get into it. Ended up using the signal coming from the Jag/Landrover dealership when it would come in. Phones are turned off in the rooms between 10 pm and 7 am. The beds were hard and the pillows were like rocks. However, it was not expensive and if you aren't bothered by hard beds with rock pillows and don't have a lot of use for electrical outlets it might be the place for you. I really would suggest bringing your own pillow. A pillow fight could have resulted in injury.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank JCPWonderWoman
NJ
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I stayed at Apple Valley Motel for one week. Reason for choosing it was its weekly rate and it was costing me $26 per night. Later on I changed my motel and found $30 per night (weekly rate) at Travelodge thats a lot reasonable place to stay. Here is my opinion about Apple Valley:

Liked
-------
1) Neat and clean room
2) Mountain view outside motel and on Franklin road
3) Good voice chat quality on wireless internet

Disliked
-------
1) Very small room
2) Bugs in room. I kept iching for atleast 5 nights
3) Small TV with unclear reception. Only basic channels
4) Traffic noise that disturbed (sometimes) late night
5) Small wash-basin and shower room
6) No incoming phone calls after 10:00pm as board gets closed
7) Before check-in, they mentioned that bedsheet will be changed once a week
8) Sense of discomfortness as for atleast 5 nights, no one else was staying (there were approx. 20 rooms I guess)... Very dark surroundings.... and the family who is running business goes to sleep after 10:00pm :))

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank dannyboy-NJ
Virginia
Reviewed August 12, 2008

I have stayed at the Apple Valley a few times, most recently August 2008. The location is perfect for Blue Ridge Parkway vacationers like me. The room was clean, one of the two beds in the room squeaked badly every time we made even the slightest move. The shower was cold - no hot water in the morning. That was very dissapointing, particularly since I had been staying in campsites the previous days. I was expecting a motel to have a better shower than a campsite, this one did not. The bathrooms badly need major renovation. Bed was comfortable and nice, furnishings are spartan, I was looking for patio furniture, even cheap resin chairs would be have been welcome.

• Liked — Proximity to Blue Ridge Parkway
  • Disliked — Cold Shower
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)