“Turf Wars at Red Lobster?!”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #111 of 474 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Seafood
Roanoke, Virginia
“Turf Wars at Red Lobster?!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a family dinner here recently and the food was OK. I had the cobb salad with salmon and it was good except for a few pieces of old lettuce. My husband is not a seafood lover so he ordered the sirloin. It was cooked to order but he was disappointed in the tiny serving of fries. We joked that he ordered the kiddie plate. Even though we arrived ahead of the dinner crowd, the service was glacially slow. We received our meals a full hour after we were seated. We had two different servers during our dinner, one of whom decided to confront the manager about their table assignment process right in between two crowded dining areas. I couldn't believe the manager didn't move the rather agitated employee to the kitchen or office area, instead he allowed him to loudly air his grievances to the entertainment/annoyance of diners all around. We did not complain about the slow service or dining room ruckus for two reasons: 1) We were guests of our dining companion. 2) To whom would we complain? The manager who allowed it to happen? Our experience could have been much better.

• Visited June 2013

Vinton, Virginia
“New menu items!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Change can be a good thing, there are quite a few things that has changed. From new menu items, plating and portions. I was pleased to try some of the different items now offered. I'm hooked on a new dessert, the pineapple upside down cake. I'm headed there today to get my sweet fix..lol
Along with ordering off the fresh catch menu, which is actually fresh. Which they can run out of due to the availability, simply ask your server if its available if not they will inform you before ordering. Some may view this as inconvenient, when its more of being able to provide fresh options not frozen.
Give the new items and old favorites a try, I think you will be pleased. They are aiming to please which makes the experience even better.

• Visited June 2013
Scarbro, West Virginia
“Well Managed But Not Centrally Located”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Location: Franklin Road isn't the place I would expect to find a Red Lobster. This restaurant is about 7 miles from most of the well known shopping areas. That said, it is a well managed restaurant and we had a fine eating experience.

Service: We were seated immediately (arrived at 1 p.m.) and the waitress was prompt, courteous and thorough. About half of the booths were filled and the waiters/waitresses seemed to handle the customers very well.

Ambience: I believe this Red Lobster is a little older than most we've eaten at. Might be time for a makeover. The carpets are clean but a little worn. The size of this restaurant is smaller compared to other Red Lobsters we've visited.

Food: We both ordered drinks--pina colada and classic margarita. Well prepared but my margarita was loaded with ice and very little margarita! Bummer! My sister ordered rainbow trout New Orleans style. It came with wild rice, broccoli and shrimp, also a burre blanc sauce w/tabasco which was very tasty. We both got small salads for about $3. I ordered the seafood sampler for $11.95 and a side of lobster mashed potatoes (my personal favorite!). The sampler had three coconut shrimp with a too-sweet sauce for dipping, five jumbo shrimp with cocktail sauce (perfectly prepared), and stuffed mushrooms (also perfect).

Since we've both been following the ATKINS diet for far too long, we got a very un-Atkins dessert: the chocolate wave cake with vanilla ice cream. It came just warm enough with softened mini-chocolate chips, and the ice cream was just starting to melt a little. Wow! Being a diet cheat is well worth it. Back on the wagon tomorrow. . . .

• Visited February 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Slow Moving Lobster”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Eight of us for dinner. Nice waiter was clearly overwhelmed as it appeared a lot of large tables on his station seated at once. He was spread pretty thin. Pretty good wait to get cocktails. Waiter unclear what "call brands" were available! All of us just sitting there waiting to place our orders. Took a long time. Then once the orders went in we waited and waited. I even had to ask for more bread so we could eat something!
Salads came out and two of us had romain leaves turning black. I called the manager over and complained. I told him I would not serve that to a guest in my house that way and I resent the restaurant trying to pass off that kind of food to me, the PAYING customer. Clearly someone in the kitchen did not care.
Waited a ridiculous amount of time for our dinners to arrive. I finally got up and tracked down a manager and got him to investigate the problem. After about 10 more minutes our food began to arrive bit by bit. Standard fare. Nothing spectacular to report about the food. At the conclusion of the dinner we waited and waited to get the check. The manager did nothing to help us out over our poor service so I demanded he adjust the price for all our aggrevation. He did make a minor adjustment. We pretty much agreed we would not go back. Red Lobster ain't what she used to be at all.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Shmuel188
“okay but overpriced”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Used to like Red Lobster better, but feel now that it is overpriced for the food you receive, particularly for those who don't like seafood! Lunch offers some more reasonably priced options, but the lunch menu isn't offered after three even on weekends. Really wish they offered some decent desserts - and they are REALLY overpriced!

Visited January 2013