Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport
$118
Curio.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$87
$84
$139
GardenInn.com
$93
$84
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $99/night.

$104
$88
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

$93
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $111/night.

$90
HIExpress.com
All reviewsfront deskchoice hotelsroom was cleannext morningbagelsi highly recommend this hotelcomfortable hotelthe breakfast areabiscuits and gravyvalley view mallcontinental breakfastupon checkshopping and restaurantswould stay againking bedoff the highwaythe blue ridge parkway
Reviewed December 1, 2008

This hotel was absolutely disgusting. We initially checked into one room and found both the sheets and the comforter to be stained and dirty. When we called the front desk, the hotel staff put us in a new room where the comforter was also stained and where someone had moved all of the furniture into the middle of the room. To make matters worse, they placed us in a room directly across from where they were serving breakfast the next morning so that we were woken up at 6 a.m. when guests began eating. We were then unable to get back to sleep because the equipment in the kitchen across the hall made a loud beeping sound that was quite loud in our room.

If you want a clean, quiet place to stay, I would definately reccommend staying AWAY from this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2008

First room had leftover teddy and thong in the drawer, some kind of clear liquid on the tv, dresser and table - yuk. Coffee maker in second room still had coffee from the last guest. Front desk staff was rude to each other in front of me, pushy about restruant recommendations and not very appologetic about housekeeping problems.

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed November 25, 2007

This is adequate, but nothing special. Rooms are being renovated; I was in a renovated room and it was fairly nice and included a refrigerator and micorwave. My room was clean. Rate included a very nice breakfast; more selection than the usual non-restaurant breakfast at these types of properties. Pool and fitness room were both small. The front desk staff did the minimum and didn't do anything to imply that they enjoyed their work.

Decent location near the airport in a cluster of motels and chain restaurants surrounding a mall.

BOTTOM LINE: If you get a good rate this place is fine, but I'm sure nearby properties of other hotel brands are nicer.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 17, 2007

Well booked online and I'm gov't employee so I get the discount and all and checked in late evening and had to walk clear around the building and up the stairs with bags and 2 passed out toddlers to the 2nd floor (Room 200). The floors had large black stains, the comforters once folded had large brownish stains and the ceiling looked as if it had been leaking and repainted and spackled very badly several times. Not the room you want to stay in if you have allergies. I picked this place since gov't rated it a 3 star compared to the other Choice Hotels in the surrounding areas. Maybe I just got the bad room. Bathroom area was clean at least. The desk staff were very polite and the continental breakfast was the nicest I've seen with assorted pastries, cereals and fruit. They even had biscuits with sausage gravy. My husband was in heaven.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2007

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport for three nights and was pleasantly surprised! I booked the hotel because nothing else was available, when many events were going on in the Roanoke area, but would likely return to this hotel if I needed to stay in Roanoke again.

The airport shuttle was prompt, and the driver friendly and helpful. However, the shuttle must be summoned when you arrive at the airport, either by cell phone or by one of the courtesy phones by the baggage claim.

Because I booked last minute, I was given an accessible room on the first floor. The room was clean and modestly decorated. As mentioned, it was an accessible room with a large bathroom, with an accessible shower without a tub. I can't complain, however, because the room also seemed extra-spacious.

Despite many girls basketball teams staying here for a tournament, the hotel was still calm. I was a bit nervous when the shuttle driver told me about the teams, but it did not affect my stay.

The hotel staff was very courteous and helpful as well. I did not have a car with me, and the front desk happily arranged for taxis during my stay. The front desk staff were also helpful in answering questions about the area.

The pool area was clean, and the pool was surprisingly warm. I was able to take a swim despite the unseasonably cool weather for July. The gym was quite small, however, but was enough for a quick workout. Free wifi was available, and I had no difficulties connecting in my room, the lobby or the breakfast area.

The continental breakfast exceeded my expectations of cereal, pastries and juice. In addition to the normal continental breakfast fare, there were biscuits, sausage gravy, hard boiled and scrambled eggs and a belgian waffle station.

The hotel is at the most a ten minute drive from downtown, and just a couple minutes from the airport. It is in walking distance of a large mall, and many, many restaurants. Although it was somewhat inconvenient because I did not have a car, taxis were reasonably priced and arrived promptly.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank talllawgirl