“Pleasant Experience”

Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport
Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We had been traveling for more than 20 hours and arrived early at the hotel. Our room wasn't ready however the desk clerk Cheri got right on it and within 20 minutes she had it done and we were able to get in early and relax. They were all very accommodating and helpful. The place was very clean and quiet even with a team of softball players there! We will definitely come back on our next road trip.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

DEAR KELLY C

Thank you for the gracious review. I am certainly glad we were able to get you checked in early. It can be a little hectic especially when we were sold out the night before and the house keeping staff has to get the rooms ready in a timely fashion. Our house keepers were more than happy to help me that day in getting you a room so you can get the much needed rest.

I do know firsthand how tiresome it can be driving on the road for more than 5 hours. I could not imagine 20. I am glad you found us.

You are so right. We did have a softball team here. I am happy to hear that they were not a rambunctious crowd.

I do hope that you will make your way back to see us again. If you do, please email ciafd302@yahoo.com or call 540-527-2020. I will be happy to assist you.

Happy Travels,

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport

Reviewed July 23, 2014

The front office employee was rude when my wife was asked for extra towels. When I checked out the employee was rude and a smart alec. Why does management put the dregs in front of customers when they arrive or depart?

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 616Robert_A
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

616Robert A

My front desk clerk was rude?! You best believe I will find out who it was and make sure that does not happen again. We here at the Comfort Inn Airport have a policy and it is “Never let a guest feel unappreciated.” I do apologies for the rudeness. My question for you is, Was it two different clerks?

Being the Manager of the front desk, I myself do not tolerate rude and unhappy employees. I treat my employees with respect and expect them to treat our guests with the same respect.

I hope that you will give us another chance to show you that we can give you superb guest satisfaction. Please call 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Terrific stay! Dog friendly and has a huge field where you can let them burn off some steam. Room was immaculate and quiet. Bed was so comfy!!! Breakfast had lots of choices.... Hot and Cold. The stay was just seamlessly wonderful and the price was reasonable. You bet I'm coming back.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Janice A

Janice A,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. Yes we are Dog friendly, we have certain rooms that are just for doggie families. Did you get the doggie treat from the front desk?

I am happy you enjoyed our Morning Breakfast. We do have lots of choices. This is due to the fact that we know how important breakfast is and we know that not everyone likes the same thing.

Please call 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com, I would love to make your next reservation.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Clean, most staff friendly, and wonderful breakfast. When we checked in our person who checked us in must have had a bad day because she acted like we were interrupting something. But that really didn't bother me cause I was too tired to care. She then watched us like a hawk when we were carrying our luggage in as if we were going to do something illegal. (It was creepy) I smiled at her while we were carrying our luggage in and never once did she smile back just kept staring at us. Who knows? I didn't care too tired. Our room was very clean , breakfast was great the only thing I need to say is the beds were so small. This hotel doesn't have queen beds and when you travel with two teen boys you really need queen beds. It was uncomfortable even for my husband and me. I thought we could handle the full size beds but in the end I think this will be the last time we book a hotel with only full size beds. The next morning the front desk staff changed and this other lady was super friendly! What a great way to send us off! Breakfast staff was super nice too. I never received a receipt because their computer was down but over all had a positive experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Christy Z
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Christy Z,

Thank you for the review. I must say, I will definitely find out who the clerk was that checked you in. This is not the norm for us. We strive on guest satisfaction. I am sorry about the full size beds. Maybe next time that you are in the area you could check us out again and stay in one of our Executive Suites. It has a room separate with two full beds and another room with a pull out couch. I believe this suite would have suited you better. I am glad your day started off with a good hot breakfast and a desk clerk with a positive attitude. I am sorry we were having issues with the computers and did not get you your receipt. Would you like for me to email you the receipt?

Please call 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. I would be glad to send you the receipt and set your reservation for the Executive Suite.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

y daughter and I stayed here for her Bowling Tournament and found this Hotel very nice. It had an outside swimming pool, mice room and great breakfast. The breakfast really started our day right. It is conveniently located close to the mall and lots of places to eat (within walking distance), will be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank maninuniform1976
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Maninuniform1976,

Thank you for your kind review. I appreciate the comment about our breakfast. We have really beefed up the menu. Did you get to try our potato melody? It is my favorite. It has sausage, potatoes, onion, and green peppers. The guests seem to enjoy it as well. Last week I added the Western Omelet. I hope that when you come back you will try it and let me know what you think. My grandmother always told me “The way you get to a man’s heart is through his stomach”, well I used that myth with my guests. The way to get my guests to love us and come again is through the breakfast bar. Thank you for that validation. You have a wonderful day. Hope to see you soon.

The next time you are in the area, please call 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. I would love to make your reservation.

Thoughtfully,

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Tonya who was manning the front desk was very helpful and cheerful during our stay. She assisted me gaining access to the weight room as well as providing newspapers. She would always smile and speak when our group passed through the lobby. The best thing she did was remind us that we had only registered for one night when we had planned on staying two. That saved us from being locked out of our rooms after check out time. We really appreciated that. In May we had stayed there two nights and were pleased. There is a possibility we will be in the area in August. If so we will certainly stay there! It is located very close to a large mall with many different stores to choose from.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Debra M
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Debra M,

We appreciate your review. Tonya is an awesome employee. Her Guest Satisfaction skills are excellent. She will be thrilled to see your review about her. I will make sure I post this review for her and everyone else to see.

Please call 5405272020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. We would love to make your August reservation.

Comfort Inn

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel and atmosphere. Right next to the airport and highway, so its easy to access, but you never hear the noise! Employees are friendly, and everything went how it should. They even had little duckies for your bath, and breakfast was very good.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank PixieCutPrincess

Dear PixieCutPrincess,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. You are right, we are right next to the Airport and a major highway, as well as a large shopping mall. It is amazing that you do not hear any noise. Our owners took that into consideration when they built our hotel and boy did they get it right. I am happy everything was up to your satisfaction.

Yes we do have a little duck for you to take home. Did you take it? We are also happy you enjoyed your morning breakfast. What a way to start your day.

Next time you are in the area, please call 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. I would be happy to make you a reservation.

Thanks,