WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport

Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Richmond, Virginia
“Significant improvement over last visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

True to their word, this property is being updated. My bed was more comfortable and the bedspread was new. The room was clean and much better maintained than on my last visit. I don't know if they replaced furniture or just had it cleaned, but I was very impressed with the work that I've seen done since June. One thing hasn't changed: Cherie Forrest and the rest of the staff are the epitome of customer service and southwest VA friendliness. The breakfast area is clean and well stocked and and the staff friendly and helpful. Now, I look forward to returning to this hotel on my next trip to Roanoke. Well done Comfort Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank phil753
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words. I am pleased you have experienced the changes we are working on at the hotel. It is good to know our efforts aren't going unnoticed.

I will pass along your kind words to the staff and in particular to Cheri. She is great with our guests and we are quite fortunate to have her on our staff.

We hope you will visit us again soon.

Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

you have a great property-so do others. you have clean rooms and public areas-so do others. you have great amenities-so do others. you have great rates-so do others. you have a great location-so do others. but…you have CHERI FORREST-others don't. she represents this property very well with her friendliness, her efficiency and eagerness to accommodate your guests. thank you!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank thomasHawaii
Before you ask, NO, you cannot take her with you!
Thanks so much for your kind review and special words for Cheri. I will make sure she reads your review.
I hope you will stay with us again in the near future.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.
Walton, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

My Brother was in Roanoke Memorial Hospital, ICU. I spent two nights at Comfort Inn Airport.
The whole experience was excellent, from check in to departure. I travel quite a bit and have never been in a hotel that was more friendly and accommodating as this one. One night we came back from the hospital and my wife said, "All we need now is some fresh homemade cookies. One of the ladies at the desk went and got us two bags of cookies. The room was very clean and the service was excellent. Thank you and we are pleased to highly recommend your hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your online review of the Comfortinn Airport. I am very glad you chose us in your time of need. I am excited that you receive an excellent experience with us. I will definitely pass along your wonderful comments to our staff. We take pride in accommodating our guests. I am happy we achieved that goal with you. We will be looking forward to seeing you again.

Thoughtfully,

Asst. General Mananger
Ciafd302@yahoo.com
ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Customer service was awesome, wish i could, get this kind of service everywhere. Will definitely stay here again if in the area. Cheri was very polite and helpful. Thanks good everything. Very nice room, good food.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful and positive review about our hotel.
We here at the Comfortinn Airport strive to make our guest stay the best. I try to lead by example. Your review has just shown me that all the training we receive is working. I certainly hope that you will be able to make it back to our area. We would love to have you stay with us again.

Kind Regards,

5405272020
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

the hotel was clean and quiet, the maid service was not the best but the person running the breakfast buffet in the morning was a gem she was happy , friendly and couldn't do enough for you great three night stay

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for your honest review.
I am sorry for the maid service, I will talk to the Head Housekeeper and let her know your response.
I will also let our Breakfast bar attendant know about the wonderful comment you made about her. We strive to do our best to please our guests. Your review just proved that we hit the mark.
Have a wonderful day,

Comfortinn Airport
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I just spoke with a very rude and unbending representative AT the actual hotel. When I explained that I was using a walk in hotel coupon as a getaway surprise trip for my friends birthday I was told (in a very nonchalant manner) that I would have to wait until 3:00 to check in and there might not be any rooms available. I asked if there was any way to check in earlier she said, "No ... I can't check you into a dirty room." Of course, I wasn't asking to be checked into a dirty room - I just wanted to be able to pay for a room before 3:00 due to birthday plans. When I explained that I was going on tripadvisor to report the rude customer service I'd received it didn't seem to bother her one bit. She simply said, "Alright, have a great day." (Please note sarcasm in her very "I don't give a crap about you lady," voice). Anyway ... do what you will, but just wanted to keep my word to the customer service rep. who obviously couldn't care less about customers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I am very sorry for the poor hospitality that you received from our hotel staff. I just want you to know that I will talk to the clerk. I was shocked when I seen your review. This is something that is not the norm for this particular clerk. She is normally the best at customer relations. As for the majority of our reviews, which are about her, she is always on point. I promise this sort of issue will not happen again.
We at the Comfortinn Airport aim to please. Please email me personally, so that I can give you a further update.

Have a wonderful day,

Bonita Springs, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it has a great location with easy access to highways and many choices of restaurants very near. We stayed two nights. The clerk the we checked in with bubbled with personality and southern charm. She is a jewel. We were upgraded to a suite which of course please us. We awoke the first morning to find tiny ants crawling all over the night stand. It can happen so we mentioned it to the gentleman at the front desk. We also mentioned that the tv was not working correctly. He seemed unconcerned and bemoaned the fact that there was no maintenance staff on the weekend. Really? What if a toilet broke? No response. He did say he could get something done about the ants. Che left for that day and came back in the evening. The room looked clean and smelled fresh. Problem solved? No way. Awoke this morning with ants crawling all over the white comforter. Can not get out of here soon enough. Not interested in sharing my bed with ants of any kind!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
I am truly sorry for your recent stay. I completly understand why you would not want to share your bed with ants I am very troubled with how the gentleman at the desk told you we don't have maintenance on the weekends. We have maintence men on call 24/7.

If you don't mind, could you email me so that I can gather a little bot more information so that I can make sure this does not happen again.

I would like to extend my apologies by offering you a special rate which will allow you to stay with us again so we can give you superior service.

Cheri Forrest, Asst GM (ciafd302@yahoo.com)